• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2014 Atlanta Braves Thread: HOF SMOLTZIE!

Hey ATL guys - I think I'm going to come down for a game or two in April. Any recommendations on a hotel near Turner Field? I'll be driving down, so no need to be close to the airport

Hey ATL guys - I think I'm going to come down for a game or two in April. Any recommendations on a hotel near Turner Field? I'll be driving down, so no need to be close to the airport

Near Turner field? You want the one with some murders or the other one with even more murders?

There's a new Hilton Garden Inn/Homewood Suites right off the connector in Midtown, would be an easy walk to MARTA then to game.

Park at a hotel in buckhead or downtown & take the Marta/braves shuttle. Last year we stayed at a nice hotel downtown right across from underground/5 points and only had to get the shuttles which are free.

What are the braves going to do with Jose Peraza? SS prospect expected to climb up prospect lists this season. Hit .318 with 38 steals in the last two months. Can't our him at SS w/ Simba there. Can't move him to 2B unless they only view LaStella as a short term fix.

What are the braves going to do with Jose Peraza? SS prospect expected to climb up prospect lists this season. Hit .318 with 38 steals in the last two months. Can't our him at SS w/ Simba there. Can't move him to 2B unless they only view LaStella as a short term fix.

Can he play third?

And they're prospects... it's likely that at least one of Peraza or La stella are not going to work out at the major league level

Neither Peraza or TLS can play third (TLS can barely play second) but Peraza is probably 2 years away. These problems have a way of working themselves out.

Fffffffffffffffffff

Medlen left game early with right forearm strain. Forearm strains are never good.

No updates, probably wont hear anything until late this afternoon or tomorrow morning...but I would be pretty shocked if it is anything but Tommy John surgery.

I thought I saw were Freddy said he didn't think it was anything major. Of course for the Nats that would mean major reconstructive surgery....don't know how those things play out in ATL.

Fredi (get the spelling right) gave some pretty optimistic quotes after the game. Said he was feeling better after talking to some of the medical folks. And Fredi isn't really a sugarcoat coach-speak guy.

But who knows what the MRI will find

Fredi is an optimist.

Curse of Atlanta continues, someone call the Exorcist for my city

Fredi (get the spelling right) gave some pretty optimistic quotes after the game. Said he was feeling better after talking to some of the medical folks. And Fredi isn't really a sugarcoat coach-speak guy.

But who knows what the MRI will find

Sorry...didn't realize he spells his name like a woman.

Mark Bowman ‏@mlbbowman ·7 mins
One scout said Beachy's fastball topped out at 87 today. Another had him at 88. Either way, this adds to the concern

Back