• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2014 Atlanta Braves Thread: HOF SMOLTZIE!

Yeah, it was the right call, but it was an easy one to second guess when it got to 4-3, especially since Santana only threw 88 pitches.

#SMELLBASEBALL #CHOPCHOPCHOP #THISISOURYEAR!!!!
#LOVETHEBRAVES @Braves !!!!
#LOVEATLANTA!!!!
#LOVEHITTING!!!!!
10:59pm - 9 Apr 14

Ervin's tweet. Haha

Also, if we didn't have a corpse playing 2B then the game would've ended at 4-2. That was a pretty weak ground ball that scored their last run

And this is just fucking absurd

tumblr_n3sgmnakUZ1ro5xweo1_400_medium.gif

Also, if we didn't have a corpse playing 2B then the game would've ended at 4-2. That was a pretty weak ground ball that scored their last run

SIMBA!!!!! Very pumped to have gotten Simba bobblehead night as part of my season ticket split.

One of the best plays I've ever seen at short. Simba is an absolute monster. Across his body from one knee... wow.

He was safe (debbie downer) but it was a phenomenal play. I watched it on dvr a couple times.

Simba made a helluva play on Tuesday too. He's the next Wizard clearly, an incredible play a night.

The only guy I ever saw in person (never saw Ozzie) that would make an incredible play a night was Griffey Jr pre-injuries.

Simba made a helluva play on Tuesday too. He's the next Wizard clearly, an incredible play a night.

The only guy I ever saw in person (never saw Ozzie) that would make an incredible play a night was Griffey Jr pre-injuries.

Andruw Jones. I'll go to my grave arguing he's the best defensive center fielder of our generation. The guy was so good people don't appreciate the difficulty of the plays he routinely made.

Yeah Andruw is a HOF guy, if Ozzie gets in for defense, Andruw should get in as well. Saw him make some great play and like you said, it was every night but he made it look so easy.

One of the best plays I've ever seen at short. Simba is an absolute monster. Across his body from one knee... wow.

The play where he slipped and legit threw the ball from is butt was awesome.

The one I'm talking about was last year against the nats. He said from his knee so I thought last night. Regardless, amazing plays.

The one I'm talking about was last year against the nats. He said from his knee so I thought last night. Regardless, amazing plays.

I was talking about the one from last night, but the the one from last year was incredible. They all just kinda run together. The guy is special.

talkingchop dug into the defensive metrics of Simba's performance last year and it was mind-boggling. he could be a once-in-a-generation talent at SS.

Just went back & read a SB article from February after all the extensions & it said that Simba couldn't keep up the defense. Uh no.

Back