• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2014 Atlanta Braves Thread: HOF SMOLTZIE!

Beachy also likely getting a 2nd TJ surgery.

hqdefault.jpg

Maybe old Doc Andrews is getting old.

Medlen, Beachy, RGIII all not looking too sharp post knife. Results talk, bullshit walks, James.

RGIII? He didn't have the greatest year but the dude returned and played a full season of football (save the benching by Shanny) less than 9 months after having surgery

Man this thread is a roller coaster.

Part 1: we're screwed in a few years because of $$ problems."
Part 2: woo we signed freeman. That great. But can we keep everybody?
Part 3: Kimbrel, Simba, and Teheran!!!! Yeah!! This team is gonna be great. Beachy is returning. Minor & Teheran are studs & so is meds
Part 4: Meds is injured. May need another TJ but not sure
Part 5: ohhhh lord. Medlen has lig damage & will most likely have surgery AND Beachy is hurt. Let's hope it's not a TJS for him.
Part 6: wellllll we're screwed in terms of pitching but Ervin will hopefully step in and suffice.

Freeman hurt his thumb today. Hopefully just a jam & not a broken one.

Medlen definitely having Tommy John

Beachy going for another opinion

Sucks for Medlen. It'll be weird next off season deciding what to do with him. His last time through arb. He'll be only 9 months into recovery when the deadline to tender contracts comes around. Do we give him $4 like we did with Floyd this year? Or what?

It's such a shake though. One of the genuinely good & fun dudes in baseball. And a dang good pitcher, too. Second lowest ERA in the NL since coming back from his first surgery. One of the most consistent pitchers in the league, as well. Every time you'd run him out there, you'd know what you would get in return.

“The news is obviously very tough but I knew when I walked off the mound mid-inning what I had felt. The love and support I’ve felt from my family/teammates - they go hand in hand - the Braves organization and Braves fans everywhere really means the world to me and will definitely help me through all this. The part that blew me away this past week were the comments and outreach that I received from other organizations, opponents, and the fans of baseball around the league. I’ve always tried to earn the respect of people based on myself as a person on and off the field, and the response I’ve gotten after the last week is truly amazing. The same fans that curse at me while warming up in the opposing stadiums reached out and let me know that they appreciate the way I play the game and that is just an unbelievable feeling. I approach this process with the same drive that I’ve had my entire life and will do everything I can to come back from this ‘thing’ twice. Once, again thank you so much and Go Bravos!!!”

Everybody loves them some Medlen. Hope to see him back pitching dominantly again soon.

Last edited:
RGIII? He didn't have the greatest year but the dude returned and played a full season of football (save the benching by Shanny) less than 9 months after having surgery

Dude he looked like a warm turd out there last year. They had to completely abandon the read option and defenders were quoted as saying he shouldnt have been out there.

So 23 year old Julio Teheran is our likely opening day starter.

followed by Santana, Garcia, Alex Wood and Mike Minor as soon as his peen gets better.

Grief.

Really also gotta wonder if our current pitching coaching staff is part of this problem.

Considering Leo Mazzone is now sitting on his ass in an Atlanta suburb, this would be an easy fix. Never had these problems with Mazzone's kids.

So 23 year old Julio Teheran is our likely opening day starter.

followed by Santana, Garcia, Alex Wood and Mike Minor as soon as his peen gets better.

Grief.

Now consider this: per Bowman and DOB, Garcia cut from opening day roster. So try this on: Teheran, Wood, Hale, then........Gus Schlosser.

Atlanta Braves ‏@Braves 4m
The Braves trimmed their spring roster by 6 players today, as 3 were optioned to Gwinnett, 2 were re-assigned to Gwinnett and 1 was released

LHP Ryan Buchter and OFs Jose Constanza and Joey Terdoslavich were optioned to Gwinnett; INFs Tyler Greene and Tommy La Stella re-assigned.

In addition, RHP Freddy Garcia was released. Atlanta now has 29 active players remaining in Major League camp.

The twitters were abuzz today about some unknown bro with no name on the back of his jersey throwing in the bullpen. Apparently he was wild as fuck.

Good grief.

Good god we're doomed.

Also, any time I see this thread at the top, I automatically think Jason or freddie broke their back or something.

For the record, Freddy Garcia is AWFUL. Guy toiled in the minors with the Orioles all last year and then pitched decent for us in Sept. Not someone you want to give 1.5 million to when you are already over budget.

Aaron Harang is the latest rumor to "replace" Freddy Garcia.

Back