• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2014 FB Recruiting Thread: Signing Day is this Wednesday!

It was pretty apparent that our former staff just wasn't very good at recruiting and selling the positives of Wake. They improved recruiting due to the success, but they didn't come anywhere close to maximizing the opportunity they had.

It was pretty apparent that our former staff just wasn't very good at recruiting and selling the positives of Wake. They improved recruiting due to the success, but they didn't come anywhere close to maximizing the opportunity they had.

Regardless of the sport, we need to have someone that knows how to sell Wake Forest. Skip taught us that if nothing else.

Circle June 5th on the calender, that's the date of the MLB draft, and pray he doesn't get drafted.

Circle June 5th on the calender, that's the date of the MLB draft, and pray he doesn't get drafted.

Everybody remotely draft worthy gets drafted,I just hope he doesnt get a big enough signing bonus to change his mind.

Sent from my C6606 using Tapatalk

The superiority complex that a lot of Vandy fans have towards Wake Forest is really bizarre.

Probably as bizarre as the superior complex we had over them before Franklin.

Yep. Excuses don't recruit.

Probably as bizarre as the superior complex we had over them before Franklin.

I don't recall there ever being a widespread superiority complex towards Vanderbilt. Although if there was going to be one, Wake coming off an ACC championship while Vandy hadn't been to a bowl since the early 80's would have been the time for it.

It's hard to be positive to others when you have type of problems Grobe portrayed after his resignation... However credible those concerns may be.

I think it's critical to note how well educated our coaching staff is. They see/know the value of an elite education and therefore do a far better job of selling it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's hard to be positive to others when you have type of problems Grobe portrayed after his resignation... However credible those concerns may be.

I think alot of that was just rationalization on why they lost so many fish on the line. If they were trying to recruit the parent's of the recruits, they would have had much more success.

With the apparent success that Clawson and staff are having so quickly, it is difficult to resist concluding that there was a work ethic issue with the former staff.

With the apparent success that Clawson and staff are having so quickly, it is difficult to resist concluding that there was a work ethic issue with the former staff.

I seriously doubt Grobe was ever in 4 states in 1 day like Clawson has been

The entire attitude of the staff. I can recall reading articles where they would say off the record "Well, we knew we were in trouble when big name school A came calling". These were the guys selling our program to recruits? That always bothered me.

The entire attitude of the staff. I can recall reading articles where they would say off the record "Well, we knew we were in trouble when big name school A came calling". These were the guys selling our program to recruits? That always bothered me.

No doubt. But having such an energetic, positive and aggressive Head Coach is really setting the tone. It starts at the top.

Back