• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2014 FB Recruiting Thread: Signing Day is this Wednesday!

Not really, certainly not after the change to MLB draft rules two years ago. Teams have made a big move towards signability over unsignable fringe HS talent.

I don't think I'd be worried about Uter going to pro baseball this year. He didn't make BA's HS Top 100, and I haven't seen any significant press on him from PG.

There were 50 players drafted from Georgia last year of the 1200+ players drafted. Is Uter a top 50 player in Georgia, potential wise?

Sent from my C6606 using Tapatalk

But he isn't from NC so could there be someone else

Again, I don't think the Elko quote was about NC. I think it was directed at Syracuse and telling them stay in New York and accept that they had lost Zeek Rodney.

Claws is a recruiting monster. Please Ron, get the basketball equivalent of him. Please.

Last edited:
Has any Wake coach had a better start than #clawsin?

Current class of 20 (including Terence Ricks, who 247 lists as a soft commit)

NC - 5
FL - 4
GA - 3
VA, AL - 2
TX, SC, OH, MI - 1

I'm not sure if anybody else has mentioned it. The last 2 months embodies the points that IrishSlim and others made about the death of the pay for premium information model. Almost all the Clawson recruiting updates have been directly from players and coaches on Twitter. No need to pay a website for some guy to talk to the kids and relay their lists to us although Ranger deserves a ton of credit for posting all those tweets.

Again, I don't think the Elko quote was about NC. I think it was directed at Syracuse and telling them stay in New York and accept that they had lost Zeek Rodney.

I think you're definately right.

@CoachZStone: RT @CoachSil After the day we've had in recruiting, I absolutely HAD to create a twitter profile! #theaWAKEning is in motion! #GoDeacs

Asil Mulbah, Director of HS Relations. First I've heard of him.

I'm not sure if anybody else has mentioned it. The last 2 months embodies the points that IrishSlim and others made about the death of the pay for premium information model. Almost all the Clawson recruiting updates have been directly from players and coaches on Twitter. No need to pay a website for some guy to talk to the kids and relay their lists to us although Ranger deserves a ton of credit for posting all those tweets.

I have an ESPN Insider and Rivals account and I don't rely on those for up to the minute updates. They are nice to have before the season to go through all your commits, watch some tape and see what other teams are saying about them blah blah blah but sure its not a place to catch fast paced news.

Hell, Pike may have been the first commit Wake Forest Rivals has broken or even come close to breaking the news on. Also, if anyone wants to see what Insider or Rivals is saying about these guys just post me here or PM me...

Back