• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2014 FB Recruiting Thread: Signing Day is this Wednesday!

@CoachZStone: RT @CoachSil After the day we've had in recruiting, I absolutely HAD to create a twitter profile! #theaWAKEning is in motion! #GoDeacs

Asil Mulbah, Director of HS Relations. First I've heard of him.

He was the Assistant Director of Football Operations under Clawson at BGSU. I'm guessing he's filling the recruiting coordinator position that Claw mentioned on his first day.

Don't be surprised if some of the lower rated guys are asked to gray shirt.

I'd also ask some of our current rJR's to graduate if they have the credit.

Looks like Cutcliffe is taking advantage of their recent success to the same level that Grobe did.

The entire attitude of the staff. I can recall reading articles where they would say off the record "Well, we knew we were in trouble when big name school A came calling". These were the guys selling our program to recruits? That always bothered me.

I remember one Signing Day luncheon where Lobo said he celebrated when one of our kids got hurt so the big schools wouldn't get a look at him. I can't remember who it was now, but that's just sad. #ClawsIn

I remember one Signing Day luncheon where Lobo said he celebrated when one of our kids got hurt so the big schools wouldn't get a look at him. I can't remember who it was now, but that's just sad. #ClawsIn

Ha, I was there for that one too.

Just signed up for next week's Signing Day Luncheon. I'm pumped.

I'm not sure if anybody else has mentioned it. The last 2 months embodies the points that IrishSlim and others made about the death of the pay for premium information model. Almost all the Clawson recruiting updates have been directly from players and coaches on Twitter. No need to pay a website for some guy to talk to the kids and relay their lists to us although Ranger deserves a ton of credit for posting all those tweets.

Yeah, anyone that wants to kind find out pretty much all of this by looking at twitter and some of the opposing schools free boards. I would never pay for recruiting info again. I paid for Scout when Skip had us involved in big time basketball recruiting, but by the end there we were getting so little info that it felt like throwing money in the garbage.

It definitely helps that website Hudl doesn't have it's recruiting videos behind a pay wall.

Asil Mulbah ‏@CoachSil 5m
Another one in the boat! Whatta day...time to watch the Deacs do the unthinkable tonight on the #HardWood! #GoDeacs

Asil Mulbah ‏@CoachSil 5m
Another one in the boat! Whatta day...time to watch the Deacs do the unthinkable tonight on the #HardWood! #GoDeacs

BJOCxpG.gif

Adam Scheier ‏@CoachScheier 3m

(For desired effect, whisper) Shhhhh, there's something out there. Can u hear it? .....The aWAKEning (4 effect, repeat 3x, softer each time)

Back