• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2014 FB Recruiting Thread: Signing Day is this Wednesday!

Not sure what you're talking about, mebane. This is a private matter between Clawson and his staff, the kid and his family, and his coach. Why would we know anything other than what was reported in N&O in what I assume was a wrap-up of local recruits?

Nobody has reported Harris tweeting that he got dropped by Wake. The staff wouldn't be advertising that they pulled a scholarship. It's like "Coach" Stone is going to tweet "@lemarharris We pulled yo scholly, bitch #startersnotsuckas".

It's not anything we should know. It is a private conversation. I'm thinking about the impact on recruiting with respect to high school coaches. If everything is up front and the coach benched the kid himself, there should be no problem. If the communication comes really late, there will be a problem. That's all.

Maybe he was asked to gray shirt or maybe it was just an oversight by the paper.

It's not anything we should know. It is a private conversation. I'm thinking about the impact on recruiting with respect to high school coaches. If everything is up front and the coach benched the kid himself, there should be no problem. If the communication comes really late, there will be a problem. That's all.

Based on anything we know, Harris got benched. Some folks on the Scout board said they heard, he just couldn't transition to another position a month into the season. A HS coach has to know a kid who doesn't play for a HS team isn't going to get a BCS offer.

Based on anything we know, Harris got benched. Some folks on the Scout board said they heard, he just couldn't transition to another position a month into the season. A HS coach has to know a kid who doesn't play for a HS team isn't going to get a BCS offer.

I agree. From our standpoint it is a matter of communication.

There are coaches in the Big 4 that have killed their chances of recruiting in certain schools because they pulled offers late and without adequate communication. It happens and it is a killer.

Right. We have no idea what the communication was and have no reason to believe it wasn't above board.

So some raleigh paper didn't list him and we are assuming the offer was pulled? It may have been pulled, but seems like a stretch.

How 'bout this. December 11th Claw calls his coach and asks "If he can't start in HS, what about him will make him a starter in College?" The coach could have said "He didn't fit our new offense". Claw: "Well, he doesn't fit into my new offense. I hope he finds an offense somewhere that he will fit into." If Claw didn't pull the offer in December, and no news of it being pulled since, I suspect he'll be offered a gray-shirt and that he'll take it.

Wary is signing right now, wearing WFU hat.

Already signed:
NLI ArrivedNamePos.Ht.Wt.HometownHigh School (Previous School)
EnrolledE.J. ScottWR5-11185Ellicott City, Md.Our Lady of Good Counsel (Univ. of Virginia)
EnrolledRyan AndersonOL6-6275Raleigh, N.C.Wakefield (Hun School of Princeton)
EnrolledNick LuedekeLS6-5250Holly Springs, N.C.Holly Springs
EnrolledJaboree WilliamsLB6-0210Fort Lauderdale, Fla.Fort Lauderdale
7:06 a.m.DaiQuan LawrenceCB6-0180Chesapeake, VAWestern Branch
7:12 a.m.Kalin McNeilLB6-2190McLeansville, NCNortheast Guilford
7:16 a.m.Tyler HendersonRB5-9180Lawrenceville, GACollins Hill
7:17 a.m.Rashawn ShawDL6-3240Fort Pierce, FLCentral
7:20 a.m.John WolfordQB6-1210Jacksonville, FLBishop Kenny
7:23 a.m.Devin PikeTE6-6225Cincinnati, OHElder
7:29 a.m.Isaiah RobinsonRB5-10223Charlotte, NCIndependence

So that takes care of just about all of our switches from other programs. Good stuff.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Back