• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2014 FB Recruiting Thread: Signing Day is this Wednesday!

Harris is still listed as a Wake commit on the Scout board. Ricks is not, FWIW. Scout has 24 listed for Wake, including the two already enrolled.

The Claw has the count, so don't rely too much on Rivals or Scout. ESPN will get it right in a week or two. These services, this close to zero hour, are more interested in 'Bama vs LSU for a 5*, then what is going on with us.

Harris still lists himself as a Wake "QB" commit on his twitter page.

Man... That would suck though. You get an offer for a D1 QB spot and then you get jumped by a freshman and can't get on the field... Damn. Obviously shouldn't have been offered but can't help to feel bad for him.

Ahhh gotcha, I guess we will know for sure in a few hours.

From Scout. Don't know what it says.

Forums: New football commitment? foxs.pt/1fZDayQ #wakeforest

Harris still lists himself as a Wake "QB" commit on his twitter page.

Man... That would suck though. You get an offer for a D1 QB spot and then you get jumped by a freshman and can't get on the field... Damn. Obviously shouldn't have been offered but can't help to feel bad for him.

Wake and Clawson need to handle this one carefully. Don't want to get a HS coach thinking you don't follow through on commitments. Also don't want the freshman QB thinking bad things about Wake. He might be a really good get in three years.

Wake and Clawson need to handle this one carefully. Don't want to get a HS coach thinking you don't follow through on commitments. Also don't want the freshman QB thinking bad things about Wake. He might be a really good get in three years.

Huh? The same coached that benched him in favor of a HS freshman? The same coach that didn't think he was good enough to play another position?

Nebraska had a problem a few years ago with a FB from Pa. Except they didn't tell him at all. He spent NSD waiting by the fax machine. Real scumbag move by Bo. His HS coach went postal, but it was a forgotten story in a few days. With us, we're talking of an in-state high school. I don't think Nebraska has gone after a Pennsylvania kid since.

Huh? The same coached that benched him in favor of a HS freshman? The same coach that didn't think he was good enough to play another position?

Yeah, I made the same point blue made earlier in the thread. I rethought about it from the coach's perspective. He knows the deal. If you don't put a kid on the field, you can't expect him to get a scholarship.

Yeah, I made the same point blue made earlier in the thread. I rethought about it from the coach's perspective. He knows the deal. If you don't put a kid on the field, you can't expect him to get a scholarship.

I think these last 2 sentences are absolutely spot on. I'm speculating but I don't think he signs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we rescinded the offer, Harris and his family and his coach should have been fully informed long before now. There is a rationale here for doing it but it should be communicated along with a candid explanation.

We don't know what we communicated to Harris. It seems silly to suggest we have done anything untoward.

Not sure what you're talking about, mebane. This is a private matter between Clawson and his staff, the kid and his family, and his coach. Why would we know anything other than what was reported in N&O in what I assume was a wrap-up of local recruits?

Nobody has reported Harris tweeting that he got dropped by Wake. The staff wouldn't be advertising that they pulled a scholarship. It's like "Coach" Stone is going to tweet "@lemarharris We pulled yo scholly, bitch #startersnotsuckas".

I would be shocked if we just flat out told him "sorry dude, we don't want you". If it turns out he is not coming, I would imagine that it involved a conversation where Clawson told him that his offense will be totally different than the one he was originally recruited for, and perhaps an offer to come and play a different position.

Nobody has reported Harris tweeting that he got dropped by Wake. The staff wouldn't be advertising that they pulled a scholarship. It's like "Coach" Stone is going to tweet "@lemarharris We pulled yo scholly, bitch #startersnotsuckas".

#Startersnotsuckas

Back