• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2014 FB Recruiting Thread: Signing Day is this Wednesday!

Marquel Lee showed some promise as well before he got hurt. Not that we don't have room to upgrade everywhere.

The new staff has been putting in some serious work on the recruiting trail. With dead period ending tonight and all the visits we have planned for this weekend- Rashad Canty, and Cortez Lewis and Demetrius Kemp who have already committed, and with Zeek Rodney and Mark Wary visiting next weekend, I can see some good things coming soon as far as recruiting goes.

Marquel Lee showed some promise as well before he got hurt. Not that we don't have room to upgrade everywhere.

Really good size. I expect him to develop into a solid contributor. It'll be interesting to see who emerges opposite Chubb.

2014 FB Recruiting Thread: Going for 25

I disagree. I think Kevis Jones, Brandon Chubb and Lance Virgile could be really good for us.

"I think so-and-so could be really good for us" has been said about so many ineffective linebackers under the prior staff.

Yeah, purge would be a little strong. I think that if you're a player at a deep position and are walking the academic tight rope, the new staff owes you nothing and will open up a scholarship for a kid that the new staff can recruit on their own. I also think that Claw will test who really wants to be here this off season. If the effort put in by the OL in last years spring game is any indication on how slack (non-intense) things were under Grobe, we need some serious change in attitude.

I know 22 had mentioned this previously, but it looks like the dates are set and that Kameron Uter will be visiting this weekend and Melvin Holland Jr. will be visiting the following weekend.

Played some in HS.

It seems really weird to me that a whole new coaching staff (save 2 defensive coaches) would know enough about a LB to move him to QB without any practices. Maybe they saw him throwing 50 yard darts out on the quad?

It seems really weird to me that a whole new coaching staff (save 2 defensive coaches) would know enough about a LB to move him to QB without any practices. Maybe they saw him throwing 50 yard darts out on the quad?

I imagine they watched a lot of HS film of our current roster.

Back