• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2014 FB Recruiting Thread: Signing Day is this Wednesday!

Pretty much all jump balls on fades, go routes, and out and ups that he is athletic enough to catch. His QB ain't much. I'd love to see some more footage of him running more routes.

Looks like Claw is targeting plenty of size at WR.

Beat me to it.

Personally, I would red shirt any player that's wasn't ready to be a solid contributor. If JW isn't the best QB I would shirt him and if we have injury problems and a salvageable season use him.
However, I think the argument against RS Wolford would be the fact that he committed to us on the basis that he would not RS. Obviously we don't know that info but it seems like early playing time was a factor. How Clawson handles this is also up in the air, even if JW won't be the guy and he would like to shirt him he may not, so he can keep a positive rep on the recruiting trail. This is all speculation though.

Mizzou this year had 3-4 WRs 6"4' above. Great strategy IMO

We had 5 this year. They showed flashes but I feel like we never saw any of them get consistent touches from game to game.

We had 5 this year. They showed flashes but I feel like we never saw any of them get consistent touches from game to game.

One of many potential strengths underdeveloped, IMO.

I am fairly confident that we had the tallest receiving corp over-all in Wake history. Perhaps they didn't run crisp, accurate routes or perhaps they had bad hands. Coaches have to do something: teach them how to run the routes and how to catch the ball!!

The passing offense for almost the entire Grobe tenure was always focused on 1 guy. Moore - Boldin - Mar Williams - Givens - Camp. It was pathetic. Always had 1 guy nearly breaking single season reception records and always a terrible offense.

Michael Clark ‏@MClarkScout 2h
#OhioState, #VTech #Florida & #WakeForest coaches are visiting Virginia Beach (Va.) Ocean Lakes this week-1 of top progams on East Coast

Love seeing those stars. If anything, our staff is getting in good with their coaches and building a rapport. Glad to see the staff working hard on 2015 while playing catchup for 2014.

Love seeing those stars. If anything, our staff is getting in good with their coaches and building a rapport. Glad to see the staff working hard on 2015 while playing catchup for 2014.

They seem to be hitting Virginia pretty hard today. I wonder how strong Clawson's relationship was with those Richmond private schools when he coached at Richmond. It's possible that relationship is already established and producing fruit.

They seem to be hitting Virginia pretty hard today. I wonder how strong Clawson's relationship was with those Richmond private schools when he coached at Richmond. It's possible that relationship is already established and producing fruit.

Good point.

Back