• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2014 FB Recruiting Thread: Signing Day is this Wednesday!

Good lord, if our players play as hard as Clawson staff works in the off season... We should be looking good in the a few years.

I think DeBerry is pretty excited by his Wake offer.

Ricky DeBerry

Wake Forest offered today #GoDeacs

2014 FB Recruiting Thread: Going for 25

They seem to be hitting Virginia pretty hard today. I wonder how strong Clawson's relationship was with those Richmond private schools when he coached at Richmond. It's possible that relationship is already established and producing fruit.

Clawson coached Russell Wilson's brother Harry at UR. Both Wilson's went to Collegiate, archival of St. Chris. So Claw has some inroads in that sector of Richmond, definitely. UR and StC are virtually across the street, and I used to run from Collegiate to UR for XC practice in HS. I'm sure he knows AD folks at both.

Seems like they are doing their jobs. Need to see some commits sometime between Sunday and Wednesday

Liked this tweet from Coach Higgins

First day on the road. Good to see @bobbybentley and the Byrnes Rebels again. No one does it better. The aWAKEning has begun!

Rogers High LB/S Zack Wary has received scholarship offer from Wake Forest #arpreps

Zack Wary (Rogers High) will visit Tulsa this weekend, Wake Forest after that and Then Boise St last weekend before signing day

http://247sports.com/Player/Zack-Wary-34571
From scanning the various recruiting sites, schools with at least some interest include Princeton, Yale, Harvard, and the Air Force Academy. Wary has a 4.0 GPA and scored a 33 on the ACT. So it seems he's pretty smart and values education.

There is no doubt that pulling a SEC commit out of the school's home state is a very tough job, especially relatively late in the game. But it's great to see he's visiting. Hope Clawson can use some of his magic to get him on board like he got all of us on board really quickly.

Last edited:
I saw that Clawson just started to follow Trace McSorley on Twitter. A few assistant coaches as well also are following McSorley now. Also just realized that the WR that Wake offered a few days ago is McSorely's high school teammate.

I saw that Clawson just started to follow Trace McSorley on Twitter. A few assistant coaches as well also are following McSorley now. Also just realized that the WR that Wake offered a few days ago is McSorely's high school teammate.

Which one?

The range of offers is interesting.

Which one?

The range of offers is interesting.

Melvin Holland. Just emailed my friend whose son goes to Briar Woods to see if any word in the school on Holland and McSorley. Don't think Vandy has a coach yet to replace Franklin. These new FB coaches for Wake seem to be working their butts off. Love it.

Rhaheed is listed at 6-2, 202 at OLB.

Back