• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2014 resolutions thread

TownieDeac

words are futile devices
Reaction score
What are your goals, hopes, dreams for 2014? How will you be better?

I'll bite...

-Get an "A" in the Stats Class I'm taking
-Start playing music again
-Take the GMAT
-Apply to Grad School
-Get my crossfit level 1 cert (bring on the hate)
-Score above 270 on my PT test
-Resign my commission

I'm gonna read Moby Dick and Les Miserables.
I'm gonna think and talk less about myself, both at work, and in my personal life.
I'm gonna move out of South Philly to a better neighborhood.

- Going to run another marathon in April
- Going to sign up for some sort of awesome rec sports league after my marathon
- Going to try a Sprint Triathalon after April
- Going to try to be more patient and less of a commitment phobe when it comes to dating

And then I'll steal from ITC and Townie and go with:
- proofread my posts before hitting reply
- I'm gonna think and talk less about myself, both at work, and in my personal life.

My typing can be a disaster on here, and I do feel like I've become a little more self involved than I want to be.

I'm gonna move out of South Philly to a better neighborhood.

Freshprincelogo.jpg

- start going to church
- spend more time outside
- get involved in the community
- participate in the next season of the GSO Choral Society

I'd like to develop a more refined palate and be more thoughtful of flavors as I eat and cook.

-read nonfiction books
-try to write something and get it published (legal stuff, not like a book)
-cook more homemade meals
-drink less
-create and adhere to a budget

-- Read 30+ books
-- Lose 10 pounds (in conjunction with cutting my soft drink [Cheerwine] consumption to no more than 2 per day)
-- Score 290 or higher on my APFT
-- Earn my black belt in Tae Kwon Do

-- Read 30+ books
-- Lose 10 pounds (in conjunction with cutting my soft drink [Cheerwine] consumption to no more than 2 per day)

2 sodas a day?

Yeah. No more than 2 per day. We have Cheerwine (the nectar of the Gods) on tap here at the office and my willpower has been lacking as of late.

-- Read 30+ books

I hit the 30-34 yr olds age bracket last year and my scores saw quite a nice bump in my last test.

I hit the 30-34 yr olds age bracket last year and my scores saw quite a nice bump in my last test.

Yep, it's great for the first year or two when you hit that next bracket.

I'm in the 42-46 y/o bracket. You pretty much have to be dead to fail the test. I've always hovered around 275-280 during my Army career (other than my initial tour in Germany where we ran 6 miles every morning, such that I got scores between 290 and 300), but I think with dropping some weight I can get my run time back up to 90+ points. That has always been my weakest event.

I'll put some thought into this. Off the top of my head I need to save for a house short-term and I need to be more aggressive with student loans long-term. I missed my saving goal for 2013 and I need to be a better saver (eat out 2 times/wk dinner and 1 time/wk lunch). Including fees I earned/saved almost $2k using credit cards so that was fun, and I plan on getting the AMEX Hilton HHonors for the free weekend hotel in 2014. After college I gained ~20lbs (no intramural sports and pick-up games) and I'm slowly chipping away at it. Over the past two years I've lost ~10lbs Jan-Oct but gained ~5lbs Nov-Dec.

December is a wonderful time of year but over the past two years I sabotaged my annual goals by spending way too much on gifts and by gaining ~5lbs.

Back