• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015-2016 MLB Stove: Talk To Your Congressman About Stopping DH Expansion

Can't they just DFA him or release him and swallow the contract?

Thats the debate - should they eat $7 million or give it a shot.

No one expected him to hit lights out once he got here, and he hasn't been that terrible in the last few games, but that was a bad decision to include that in the contract.

I bet they keep him as the 25th man.

Bryzzo Souvenir Company is killing it - the royals family photo is pretty good too.

http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/17807232/v568805483/bryant-and-rizzo-go-into-the-souvenir-business-this

_DSC9781_02n6z364_owjbmd3g.jpg

Because I'm bored:

2016 Awards
AL Cy: Archer, TB
AL MVP: Beltre, TEX
AL MOY: Cash, TB

NL Cy: Syndergaard, NYM
NL MVP: Bryant, CHC
NL MOY: McCutchen, PIT

I skipped ROY because it's too hard to guess who will get called up, etc. Plus I'm admittedly not well-versed on prospects.

2016 Postseason
AL East: TB, TOR, BOS, NYY, BAL
AL Central: KC, CHW, CLE, MIN, DET
AL West: TEX, LAA, SEA, HOU, OAK
AL WC: White Sox, Blue Jays

WC: White Sox
Div: Rays, Rangers
LCS: Rangers

NL East: NYM, WAS, MIA, PHI, ATL
NL Central: PIT, CHC, STL, CIN, MIL
NL West: LAD, ARI, SF, COL, SD
NL WC: Cubs, Nationals

WC: Cubs
Div: Mets, Pirates
LCS: Pirates

WS: Rangers in six

Both the Cards and the Mets lost - solid start to the season!

I don't understand why MLB insists on having opening day in cold weather cities every year. Cleveland had snow over the weekend and it's going to be 35 and chance of snow today. Also a couple of years ago they had a blizzard that knocked out a bunch of games. The Yankees game got snowed/rained out.

Heading down right now. Buddy is having a party in Fed Hill. Heading over to stadium around 2 for the pregame stuff. March to the home run record begins today. Watch out 1997 Mariners!

To be clear, I also think the single season strike out record is in jeopardy. Going to be an interesting season.

I don't understand why MLB insists on having opening day in cold weather cities every year. Cleveland had snow over the weekend and it's going to be 35 and chance of snow today. Also a couple of years ago they had a blizzard that knocked out a bunch of games. The Yankees game got snowed/rained out.

You can't have marquee opening games in either Florida city where half the stadium is empty. So that would only leave Hou/Tex, Arizona, and the SoCal teams.

Excited to live in a city with an MLB team this year. We can see the stadium from our office (for this season).

You can't have marquee opening games in either Florida city where half the stadium is empty. So that would only leave Hou/Tex, Arizona, and the SoCal teams.

Houston
Arlington
Phoenix
Los Angeles (Dodgers)
Los Angeles (Angels)
Tampa Bay
Miami
San Francisco
Atlanta
Seattle
Oakland
Toronto (dome)
Milwaukee (dome)
San Diego

That's 14 safe bets.

i'd even put balt/was in there as well. may be a little chilly but pretty much 0 risk of snow.

Back