• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015-2016 MLB Stove: Talk To Your Congressman About Stopping DH Expansion

Who is our baseball america hookup? pm plz

Last edited:
Apparently the dbacks want the city to pay for upgrades to their stadium and are threatening to leave. What a joke. Publicly funded stadiums are awful.

It's even shittier in an area like Phoenix where a majority of the fans live elsewhere (and can push for public-funding because they're dumping the responsibility on someone else).

STATE REP WANTS TO DECLARE THE ST. LOUIS CARDINALS THE OFFICIAL BASEBALL TEAM OF MISSOURI

You might be wondering to yourself why this act is even necessary, which is a very good thing to wonder. But there is a simply explanation—apart from the ever present one that elected officials are by and large do-nothing charlatans we've allowed to run amok in our cities, states, and country—and that explanation is the Kansas City Royals. The Royals, also a team playing baseball in Missouri, won the World Series last year and, it should be pointed out, the Cardinals did not. The Cardinals spent many years basking in the glory of Missouri as the little brother Royals kicked dirt around, but then everyone got Royals fever. And on the day they held their Victory parade, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch put together a slide show asking which team was better. Big brothers aren't supposed to be the ones with inferiority complexes, but here we are.

Does anyone have an extra spot in a fantasy league? Mine crapped out on me after being around since 2008.

Cubs release Victorino to save $100k, then resign him to a minor league deal - Victorino to be the pride of the Iowa Cubs now.

O's cut Miguel Gonzalez today. Had a nice game yesterday, so this is a little surprising. He was terribad late last year and early spring though.

Red Sox announce Travis Shaw is starting 3b. I'm not sure I like this decision. Seems like it's a little easier to go with Sandoval and hope for the best, while also getting Shaw a bunch of playing time at a couple different positions.

So is Panda just going to ride the bench?

Have we talked about Kyun Soo Kim? Orioles gave him a 2 year, $7 million contract so it's not that big of a deal, but he has a clause in the contract to refuse any assignment to the minors. He's hit a putrid .182/.229/182. Unsurprisingly, he's denied the assignment.

Have we talked about Kyun Soo Kim? Orioles gave him a 2 year, $7 million contract so it's not that big of a deal, but he has a clause in the contract to refuse any assignment to the minors. He's hit a putrid .182/.229/182. Unsurprisingly, he's denied the assignment.

Crazy. So they can't get him off the 40-man roster? That roster spot alone is worth a lot to any team.

Another black eye for the Baltimore organization. Pissing off agents around the world.

Having watched the last iteration of Baseball Tonight, John Kruk just looks angry to be there. As in "I can't believe I got booted from the Sunday night broadcast team for some broad" angry.

Back