• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015-2016 MLB Stove: Talk To Your Congressman About Stopping DH Expansion

Astros 1B prospect AJ Reed is ginormous. Like Adam Dunn ginormous. 1.8 Altuves, probably.

Chicks in the media and the Red Sox, man. First it was Heidi Watney and Varitek (rumor). Then it was Jenny Dell and Will Middlebrooks (married). And now Jessica Moran resigns after rumors of a relationship with John Farrell.

Franco's monster three-run shot

c1520260927f3d4c7119c294b40891c8.png

Please tell me Jeff Francoeur owns that "Frenchy's" restaurant.

Sadly, I'm gonna bet no, it has been there since Francoeur was a Brave (the first time!)

Service time top factor when Rays set salaries for 0-3 players

Some teams are more liberal, some similar, some even more hard line. Players in the 0-3 category have no leverage to negotiate, so their only option is to reject the offer. The team then "renews" their contract at a salary they decide on, which this year was $5,000 less than the Rays offered. That would seem like a penalty, or you could take the team view that the original offer was a bonus these players rejected while 15 others took their slight increases. (RHP Steve Geltz, for example, got a raise of $10,400 to $519,300.)

So Boxberger, who earned $521,400 last season, will make $519,200. The Scott Boras client said he understands "it's the business side of it" and that "there's nothing against the team or anything."

"I don't really know the whole inner workings of the formula and all that," Boxberger said, "but I do know other teams reward differently for performance on the field, which is what this game is based off of."

Currently sitting next to Alex Anthopolous at Dodgers/Indians game.

Now sitting next to Josh Byrnes who is a cool dude.

Our first televised game is today and it feels oh so good to watch

Our first televised game is today and it feels oh so good to watch

If you have MLB.tv you can watch today also! (Apologies in advance for our announcers.)

Aaron Altherr was injured diving for a ball and will miss 4-6 months. The hope for a breakout season from him was one of the few fun reasons to watch on the Phillies this year :(

If you have MLB.tv you can watch today also! (Apologies in advance for our announcers.)

Aaron Altherr was injured diving for a ball and will miss 4-6 months. The hope for a breakout season from him was one of the few fun reasons to watch on the Phillies this year :(

Phillies/Bucs has been on the MLB network for the last hour or so.

Ha, just saw that Austin Jackson signed with the White Sox, and the corresponding move was the cut Mike Olt. When the Cubs signed Austin Jackson last year, they also released Mike Olt.

Thats weird - gotta suck for Olt - wonder if anyone has ever been called up directly from AA and then been this terrible.

Michael Kopech the Red Sox second best pitching prospect punched a teammate and broke his pitching hand.

KYLE KENDRICK IS A BRAVE????

/checks box score

Yep, that's Kyle Kendrick alright.

KYLE KENDRICK IS A BRAVE????

/checks box score

Yep, that's Kyle Kendrick alright.

He was the opening day starter for the Rockies last year. Think about that. Predictably, both Kendrick and the Rockies had a horrible season.

He was the opening day starter for the Rockies last year. Think about that. Predictably, both Kendrick and the Rockies had a horrible season.

I mentioned last year that I thought he would break the record for most hrs given up in a year. He didn't, that was actually surprising.

He won't be one for long. Him, Norris, and Chacin would have made for a really boring rotation.

Also, Freeman left yesterday shaking his wrist. The decision not to have surgery and actually get it fixed looks curious now. Just play Freiman and maybe nobody will know.

Based on the last day or so from ESPN, it's going to be a season-long David Ortiz knob-job whenever they broadcast baseball games. #barf

I really wish FS1 would grab some MLB rights.

Back