• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015 FB Recruiting: Mr. South Carolina Matt Colburn signs with #theawakening!

Tell me about Tyler Horstman. 2015 LB from Vero Beach... Article in the VB paper today says he was highly thought of but lost a lot of looks due to health problems which now seem to be cleared up. Wake and BG have been the only schools to stay with him.

Sounds like Gilliam might be down to Wake and South Carolina. Targeting mid-August decision. Today's article gave me the impression that the Gamecocks are probably the favorite.

USC fans think Gilliam is a fall-back, but The Big Spur said he is a take if he wants to commit. They have struck out on a lot of OL prospects. He camped at USC last weekend.

Locksley is not a QB. Probably more of an athlete but he can't throw the ball. I see him as Skylar Jones, a failure at QB, but could be a good WR/S.

2015 FB Recruiting: LB Nate Mays joins #theaWAKEning

Freddie Simmons changed his mind again. He will not commit this weekend. He wants to take his official visits and try to attract some bigger offers.

On one hand, he seems very indecisive. On the other hand, you have to respect the fact that he is not going to commit somewhere and then continue to shop himself around.

Last edited:
can't wait to post "In YOUR face Alabama!"

Freddie Simmons changed his mind again. He will not commit this weekend. He wants to take his official visits and try to attract some bigger offers.

On one hand, he seems very indecisive. On the other hand, you have to respect the fact that he is not going to commit somewhere and then continue to shop himself around.

I have a bad feeling about Freddie. I hope we have find a better prospect elsewhere.

I have a bad feeling about Freddie. I hope we have find a better prospect elsewhere.

Maybe the staff knows Simmons is going elsewhere.

So with the offer to 2015 WR Charles Wade, I think some questions have to be asked. First of all, I am assuming that the offer is committable. At this point, there is no point in giving kids offers that are not committable. With that in mind are we willing to take 5 receivers in the 2015 class? Perhaps, but that seems like a big scholarship commitment. Has the staff already received bad news from Freddie Simmons? Is the staff anticipating defections from any of the WR commits? The obvious worry is Steven Claude and Vanderbilt. However, I will say that Steven’s tweets have shown more enthusiasm for Wake (especially recently) than any other commit with the exception of T.J. Haney. So I am not that worried about him right now.

Interesting note – this is the first offer given to a non-camp attendee since Johnny Petrishen was offered on June 6 (I am assuming that Andrew Rector went to a camp)

Ugh.

I agree with the sentiments above on Freddie Simmons. I am actually going to pull him off the mini-board that I have been posting here periodically. It is hard to feel good about our chances with someone that effectively says "I want to make absolutely sure that I can't do better than Wake Forest before I commit". I can only see him joining the 2015 class if he goes four months without getting other offers AND we haven't filled the X-receiver spot by that time.

The next man up may be Scottie Washington, the 6’3 2-star from Washington, DC that visited Wake Forest on June 12. It is tough to tell where his recruitment stands since 247, Scout and Rivals haven’t posted an article about him in the last 6 weeks. His Power 5 conference offer list includes Wake Forest, Virginia, Nebraska and Boston College. I have been discounting our chances with him since I watched an interview with him where he struggled to remember that Wake Forest was on his list of schools that he was hearing from – and then later disclosed that he had visited Wake Forest the day before. However, it is interesting that he still hasn’t committed and I am wondering how many other options he really has at this point. I had seen some updates that he was really impressing at some of the camps he attended in early June.

I also agree with those of you that have posted here that at some point the staff puts the scholarships for the RB and X-receiver in their pocket and watch for someone to emerge in their senior season and/or wait for decommitments to take place in December after coaching changes. (Note: On the RB front, I expect they will continue to aggressively recruit Marcus Marshall throughout the Fall)

Updated mini-board:

Estimated scholarships remaining: 3-4

Running Back

Marcus Marshall (3-star)
# of other Power Five offers: 2
Prediction: NC State (Wake Forest also a possibility)
Expected Decision Date: Fall

Wide Receiver (Z-receiver or Slot)

Charles Wade (Unrated)
# of other Power Five offers: 1
Prediction: Wake Forest (not much info to go on though)
Expected Decision Date: ???

Wide Receiver (X-receiver)

Scottie Washington (2-star)
# of other Power Five offers: 3
Prediction: ?????

Offensive Line

Quarvez Boulware (4-star, #12 Guard in Nation)
# of other Power Five offers: 10
Prediction: Wake Forest, Alabama, Florida or Maryland
Expected Decision Date: August-October

Joshua Jones (3-star, #57 Offensive Tackle in Nation)
# of other Power Five offers: 6
Prediction: Oklahoma State or Texas Tech (plus Texas A&M if they offer). Note: Wake Forest in Top 5. He is planning an official visit to Wake.

Nathan Gilliam (3-star)
# of other Power Five offers: 4
Prediction: South Carolina slight favorite over Wake Forest
Expected Decision Date: August

Kameron Eloph (3-star)
# of other Power Five offers: 3
Prediction: ???

Safety

Johnny Petrishen (2-star)
# of other Power Five offers: 4
Prediction: Wake Forest or Virginia, plus Northwestern or Stanford if they offer (Pitt would have an outside chance)

Dior Johnson (3-star, #24 Safety in the Nation)
# of other Power Five offers: 1
Prediction: Wake Forest, unless Indiana offers (Illinois and Cincinnati also possibilities)

Last edited:
Alabama offered Quarvez Boulware

Bama may have offered QB, but they already have commitments from 4 OGs and 21 commitments overall.
Are they likely to take 5 OGs this year???
Also, when and how often does he want to play?
At Wake, he'd likely play early and often. At Bama, it could be several years before he sees the field.

A Bama offer is great for QB, but I think Wake still has a solid chance.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but, if FSU can take 3 QB's in the same class, then Bama can certainly take 5 OG's

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but, if FSU can take 3 QB's in the same class, then Bama can certainly take 5 OG's

Just means that the 8th string tackle is being summoned to Saban's office to turn in his playbook. I'm sure Bama will have some "attrition" through "injuries" to make space for the next All-American to join the roster.

Back