• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015 FB Recruiting: Mr. South Carolina Matt Colburn signs with #theawakening!

A lot of fans had a lot of excuses for Wellman and Grobe. We we do have success our fanbase elevates personalities instead of programs.

A lot of fans had a lot of excuses for Wellman and Grobe. We we do have success our fanbase elevates personalities instead of programs.

Are you suggesting that Duke isn't elevating David Cutcliffe?

I have no idea what Duke is doing w/r/t Cutcliffe. I think, though, that with his SEC background Cutcliffe knows the importance of the recruiting game and isn't satisfied to rest on his laurels. Anyone know if Duke is losing key assistants in the wake of their success? That was another thing that did in Grobe.

It was clear to me that after 2006, no one was "allowed" to criticize the coaching staff by looking at recruiting rankings and decreasing stats. If you did, you were labeled a chicken little or something. With a coach who had some competitive spirit and aggression in him we should have been able to significantly elevate the program. To me, that was the whole point of paying Grobe the big money. It wasn't a reward for 2006. Not with a 10-year term.

Their OC made an idiotic move to coach one year under Muschamp. Not sure if there were others.

Not if the UF offense improves which is more than likely considering how bad they were.

Funny, didn't Dukes coach replaced by Cutcliffe go to Bama as an asst?

Duke has put an impressive amount of money into football and has scheduled great. They have a much bigger operational staff than Wake Forest and bigger budger. They also benefit from not having to play Clemson or FSU. People forget that the OC before Cutcliffe was Bill O'Brien and they were awful. Saw an O'Brien quote last year congratulating Cutcliffe but saying that never did he ever feel that Duke was committed to win. That clearly changed with the Cutcliffe hire. When they finish their stadium after this season they will have as good of facilities as any program in the ACC.

are you referring to Zeek Rodney????

I believe he is referring to Rodney Rogers. Zeek Rodney is on campus right now practicing. The rodney rogers reference is related to the conversation about a GT QB recruit being injured in an ATV accident. Correct me if I'm wrong wfu22.

Duke now has the 19th to 23rd best class in the nation..unbelievable turn around...

http://m.journalnow.com/sports/coll...a69-7e0b-5f20-bab5-d66052a797d5.html?mode=jqm

Saw this too. Cutcliffe with the text book way to elevate a program. I think back to Grobe's post - resignation comments about how he thought the whole program would be elevated by the Orange Bowl appearance and the fact of the matter is that he and his staff failed miserably to capitalize on that success.

Yep. Facilities improved. Fans showed up.

Saw this too. Cutcliffe with the text book way to elevate a program. I think back to Grobe's post - resignation comments about how he thought the whole program would be elevated by the Orange Bowl appearance and the fact of the matter is that he and his staff failed miserably to capitalize on that success.

Grobe definitely capitalized on that success for himself and his staff by negotiating a 10 year contract and a significant raise.

The contract was well deserved. The man took LOWF to an ACC title. That's something that no NC ACC team can say they've done in idk how many years. And as long as Clemson and FSU are in the conference, Duke won't win one either.

Yes, I was referring to Rogers . I tried to link it to the comment about the ATV injury. I though Rogers had been injured on an ATV as well, but the ACC tv feature on Rogers revealed that he was riding a dirt bike when he hit a ditch.

Per 247, their average star rating isn't much higher than ours. They will end up in the 40s.

Back