• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015 FB Recruiting: Mr. South Carolina Matt Colburn signs with #theawakening!

Here’s my take based on Rivals, 247, Scout, Twitter and gut feeling:

Nyheim Hines – N.C. State remains the favorite. However, after months of ignoring this recruitment and (politely) chiding RSF for his optimism I am joining the camp that is saying that we have a legitimate shot. In fact, we might be trailing only NCSU right now. If he were deciding today, I might give Wake a 30 percent chance. Once he completes all of his officials? Who knows.

Marcus Marshall – For several months I have had difficulty getting a read on Marshall. For the longest time I thought he was a lock for N.C. State. Then he reverse-recruited Vanderbilt. I think that is very telling. I am assuming that he wants an academic school. I think that he will end up at either Wake Forest or Vanderbilt. If I had to pick one, I would probably guess Vanderbilt.

Quarvez Boulware – After the previous round of articles (before these most recent ones), I thought that Florida had established a lead over Wake and Maryland with UNC trailing (because they offered as a DL) and Alabama’s offer non-commitable. After reading the most recent round of articles I think that Wake and Maryland have pulled dead even with Florida, UNC is trying to play catch up by offering him as an OL and Alabama’s offer is still non-committable. Don’t dismiss Maryland’s chances here.

Nyheim Hines – N.C. State remains the favorite. However, after months of ignoring this recruitment and (politely) chiding RSF for his optimism I am joining the camp that is saying that we have a legitimate shot. In fact, we might be trailing only NCSU right now. If he were deciding today, I might give Wake a 30 percent chance. Once he completes all of his officials? Who knows.

DAMN RIGHT

HINES HINES HINES HINES HINES

I'm sure it's been asked before in this thread but any relation between Quarvez and Michael/Peter Boulware?

And does it mean anything that we are the only "Warmer" school on 247?

And does it mean anything that we are the only "Warmer" school on 247?

I would assume that was set when he named Wake as his leader and hasn't been updated since he started taking a more neutral position in his interviews.

Here’s my take based on Rivals, 247, Scout, Twitter and gut feeling:

Marcus Marshall – For several months I have had difficulty getting a read on Marshall. For the longest time I thought he was a lock for N.C. State. Then he reverse-recruited Vanderbilt. I think that is very telling. I am assuming that he wants an academic school. I think that he will end up at either Wake Forest or Vanderbilt. If I had to pick one, I would probably guess Vanderbilt.

Quarvez Boulware – After the previous round of articles (before these most recent ones), I thought that Florida had established a lead over Wake and Maryland with UNC trailing (because they offered as a DL) and Alabama’s offer non-commitable. After reading the most recent round of articles I think that Wake and Maryland have pulled dead even with Florida, UNC is trying to play catch up by offering him as an OL and Alabama’s offer is still non-committable. Don’t dismiss Maryland’s chances here.

Marshall will not end up at NCSU. It will be Hines and Frasier for us or bust. No chatter for us with Marshall after landing Gallaspy.

Marshall will not end up at NCSU. It will be Hines and Frasier for us or bust. No chatter for us with Marshall after landing Gallaspy.

Interesting info and thank you. Sounds like its down to Wake and Vandy.

Charles Wade had 8 catches for 157 yards and three TDs last night in the opening round of the playoffs.

Tabari Hines had 4 catches for 81 yards and 2 touchdowns in the 2nd round of the SC playoffs!

Champagnat Catholic senior WR Steven Claude will be taking his official visit to Wake Forest this weekend

I saw in the N&O that Marshall ran for 350 yards in first round playoff game. That sounds legit to me...

That's more yards than Wake Forest...

Should there be more talk about Kendall Hinton, commit out of Southern Durham? Caught a preview of the NC playoffs last week on the radio with the guys from NCHighSchoolOT.com - when asked who was the one player to watch in the playoffs, both guys immediately responded with Kendall. They talked about how he was knocked out of game against Orange, then came back to lead team to comeback win (http://www.highschoolot.com/football_friday/video/14161543/#/vid14161543). They could not stop raving - one called him the most dynamic player in the state, "just knows how to win" and "would never bet against him." He is much more of a dual threat - 2590 yds passing, 760 yds rushing this year, so wondering his odds to replace Wolford next year. It does not matter if the offensive line does not show vast improvement, but Hinton adds another dimension that Wolford does not bring.........and I am a Wolford fan.

By the way, Southern Durham won 3AA Championship last year, are undefeated this year, #1 seed and favored to win it all again.

Last edited:
Back