• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015 FB Recruiting: Mr. South Carolina Matt Colburn signs with #theawakening!

Can someone make an updated list with everyone who has left the program since the end of the season?

Virgil couldn't get on the field the last two years...hate to see him go; but, I'm not surprised.

94Deac,

Do you think Archibald enrolling in the spring might be spurring Bargas to look at other options, e.g. UNC?

Lance Virgil is gone

Can't say I'm stunned based on what I've seen at practice.

Why would he want to transfer? He's young with a coach thats putting this program in the right direction. I feel like Lance could have done well here.

He was a tweener and had an attitude problem.

Virgil couldn't get on the field the last two years...hate to see him go; but, I'm not surprised.

Not quite sure some of these track. Virgile (as it was spelled on the 2013 roster and 2014 participation chart) was listed as a 6-2, 220 lb freshman linebacker on the 2013 roster. Thus he didn't play and redshirted. If he put on any weight at all, he really wasn't small or a "tweener" for a LB. As a redshirt freshman he played in only one game this year. Wake had some decent linebackers, older and more experienced, this year, so not surprising he didn't play much. If it was attitude, different story. always disappointing when things don't work out.

Tough loss, but I'm not sure how much we were counting on landing him. Will be interested to see if he still visits us next weekend.

Rivals says it is unclear if Boulware will cancel his Wake and Florida visits. He is expected to play Center for the Terps.

A few items in terms of news and notes this morning:

Quarvez Boulware was tweeting last night but has yet to announce his Maryland commitment via Twitter. One recruiting writer has reported that Boulware’s commitment was supposed to be a silent verbal but it was leaked by the Maryland coaching staff. It will be very interesting to see what Boulware has to say this week. I think there is a really good chance that he visits Wake Forest next weekend. If you weren’t planning on taking your remaining visits, why would you ask that the commitment be kept silent?

Jay Irvine was upgraded from a 2-star to a 3-star on Rivals

JJ Arcega-Whiteside tweeted that he got through admissions and was accepted into Stanford. I had been holding out hope that maybe something would go wrong with that and he would have to reopen his recruitment.

Rocky Reid was at the Louisville-Duke basketball game yesterday. Would it be too much to ask of the ACC to give us a big home basketball game during official visit weekends? It seems like Wake’s home basketball games are always during the week or when the students are on break.

I am really interested to see what the Wake staff is planning to do with the final official visit weekend that starts January 30. I haven’t seen any indication that there will be January 30 visitors. Given the way they have structured the first two weekends as large group visits with lots of commits visiting at the same time as the uncommitted visitors, I am wondering if the plan is to not have official visits that weekend at all.

Interesting news on Boulware.

Back