• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015 FB Recruiting: Mr. South Carolina Matt Colburn signs with #theawakening!

Cortez Lewis and Demetrius Kemp were two kids that we fought with Minnesota for last year as well

And both are two guys mentioned by Clawson as being contributors next year in Dan's most recent sit down.

A buddy of mine recently told me that Wake and UNC (Chapel Hill campus) schedule each other as future non-conference football opponents on years they do not play each other in conference. Is this true? If so I kinda like it...

This may be the wrong thread for this post...sorry

A buddy of mine recently told me that Wake and UNC (Chapel Hill campus) schedule each other as future non-conference football opponents on years they do not play each other in conference. Is this true? If so I kinda like it...

This may be the wrong thread for this post...sorry

There's a separate thread discussing.
They've scheduled a couple of years down the road, but it's not a hard and fast, every year rule.

I echo the sentiment that Marshall goes to GT. I think we are all in on Rocky Reid at this juncture.

Honestly, that's fine with me. Reid seems to be the highest rated RB that we're involved with.

Anyway, welcome Elontae! Always good news to get some more DL depth. He flipped to us from Arkansas State.

Welcome to Elontae! Great decision by the young man. Let's hope this is another domino in a chain reaction of momentum this week and into early next.

How sweet would it be to land either Rocky or Marshall, Quarvez and cement Dior and Welsh?

There isn't much written about Bateman because he didn't receive interest from Power 5 conference teams (other than Wake Forest). From looking at his Twitter, Wake Forest was the only school other than Arkansas State that was involved with him in January. I will note that the staff starting following him on Twitter months ago. This wasn't somebody that just popped up on the staff's radar in the last 2 months.

I do wonder if the visit to Mose Hall last night was intended to give him one last chance to commit before his spot was given up.

My best guess is that the staff has 3 spots left under the total scholarship rule, and 5 spots left under the total # of signees rule. Lots of assumptions go into that though (i.e. Autry not coming, Virgile gone, we know all of the attrition etc)

I am curious why there is a sentiment that the staff wanted Reid OR Marshall and opposed to Reid AND Marshall. It seems like they would be a very effective combo, but several posters have alluded to an either/or scenario. What am I missing?

So all these accounts like @Crazy_DeacFan, @OldGold1834, @DconJones, @StoneColdDeac, etc gotta be coaches tweeting/throwing favorites at every recruit, right?

I assume every school does this, but they are pretty thorough with it

I do wonder if the visit to Mose Hall last night was intended to give him one last chance to commit before his spot was given up.

I am curious why there is a sentiment that the staff wanted Reid OR Marshall and opposed to Reid AND Marshall. It seems like they would be a very effective combo, but several posters have alluded to an either/or scenario. What am I missing?

Oh I forgot about Mose Hall, let's get him too!! Come on big hairy Deacs, be big and hairy...or somethin' :koolaid:

Anyway, in response to you 94, I simply assume it is either/or at this point because I don't let myself dare to dream such grandiose scenarios where we get both RB recruits we covet. But you are correct, from a logic standpoint, we should have an edge on both simply from a playing time standpoint. GaTech certainly can't offer that to Marshall at this point.

Here's to getting ALL THE RECRUITS!!

I would assume this commitment means the staff thinks they are losing Welsh? Good assumption with his recent visits.

I would assume this commitment means the staff thinks they are losing Welsh? Good assumption with his recent visits.

Really hard to tell. I thought that there were originally two DT spots: Autry and Haynes. Then when Haynes successfully transitioned to OL they went out and got Welsh. So then the DTs were Autry and Welsh. In that case, Bateman would potentially be Autry's replacement.

I doubt that the staff has thrown in the towel on Welsh.

I feel like we've come down to Earth after the high of last year's end of the recruiting season. This one feels like one of Grobe's. Hate to say it, but just the kind of vibes I'm getting from de-commitments, guys possibly not qualifying, and late offers to players with scant offer sheets.

I feel like we've come down to Earth after the high of last year's end of the recruiting season. This one feels like one of Grobe's. Hate to say it, but just the kind of vibes I'm getting from de-commitments, guys possibly not qualifying, and late offers to players with scant offer sheets.

And we only have the #43 class in the country by Rivals.

Back