• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015 FB Recruiting: Mr. South Carolina Matt Colburn signs with #theawakening!

Don't forget about Tyler Bell...he's going to be a good one for the Deacs as well.

Bump.

Shouldn't this remain tacked to the top for awhile so we can bask in the glow of our Top 50 Class of 2015 and the national attention we're getting for being the anti-Petrino?

Bump.

Shouldn't this remain tacked to the top for awhile so we can bask in the glow of our Top 50 Class of 2015 and the national attention we're getting for being the anti-Petrino?

Don't forget the post-grad recruiting! I am #KJBrentIn

It is incredible that we were so weak at RB, and Clawson and company managed to snag two EXCELLENT prospects in the last 2 weeks before signing day. I can't comment on Reid, but I was really impressed with how Colburn handled a few of the interviews I watched. I am excited to have him at Wake, and I think that when he looks back at this period of his life in subsequent years he is going to thank God that he ended up at Wake Forest playing for Clawson. I have zero knowledge of his academics, but from the way he handles at interview he has been taught by someone, either his parents or a mentor. We are better for having Colburn and he is going to be better for being a part of the Wake Forest family. Excited to have both Reid and Colburn in the fold. We were desperate for talent at the RB position. Hard to believe we got both of these guys.

Mildly disagree. Obviously, we were woofully short of depth at RB and now hopefully we're o.k.. Until further notice, 'desperate' is a word firmly intrenched in the OL.

"His high school coach, Tom Knotts, was so upset that he announced Louisville coach Bobby Petrino and his staff were barred from recruiting at Dutch Fork High."

Hopefully, his will help us and hurt Louisville more than this one signing.

Former Head Coach Tom Knotts has a NC 4A Record of State Championships won with 7. 6 state championships won at Independence and 1 at West Charlotte. He also has the best winning percentage of any NC head football coach to coach at least 20 years or longer. He has also taken every school he has coached at to the state championship, including his current team Dutch Fork, who is the reining 2013 4A SC Division 1State Champions, defeating the perennial powerhouse Byrnes Rebels along the way. Coach Knotts is a legendary high school football coach in Charlotte, NC due to his strong coaching style, his long successful Head Coaching resume, scouting style, practice plans, turning average schools into powerhouse programs ( Harding, Independence, Dutch Fork) West Charlotte was a storied program when he started coaching there.

The gray shirt deal should be agreed upon ahead of time . Pulling the rug out from under Colburn so late was wrong. But thanks to Petrino, WFU landed the speed back we needed and Petrino lost both a great back and more of his reputation. Reid looks plenty fast for a running back but Colburn looks like a burner for orbit sweeps and plays to get him in space. With Hinton at QB, that's a dynamic backfield for the future and perhaps even in 2015.

What a way to finish this class..........although I'm not sure we're done yet.

In the past 2 weeks, we've finished with commitments from
Kyle Kearns QB
Rocky Reid RB
Elonte Bateman DE
Jessie Bates DB
Matt Colburn RB

Nice work coaches. Your efforts are paying off big time.

The gray shirt deal should be agreed upon ahead of time . Pulling the rug out from under Colburn so late was wrong. But thanks to Petrino, WFU landed the speed back we needed and Petrino lost both a great back and more of his reputation. Reid looks plenty fast for a running back but Colburn looks like a burner for orbit sweeps and plays to get him in space. With Hinton at QB, that's a dynamic backfield for the future and perhaps even in 2015.

Actually, Petrino added to his reputation.

Back