• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015 FB Recruiting: Mr. South Carolina Matt Colburn signs with #theawakening!

I say we beat Louisville next yr if we play at home which we should. I hope Matt has a return for a TD and runs to hand the ball to Petrino....or his girlfriend....:)

I think someone said it earlier but one thing I like about his highlights is that even though a lot of his runs are along the sideline he tends to angle back to the field to take on contact which gives him a few extra yards.

I say we beat Louisville next yr if we play at home which we should. I hope Matt has a return for a TD and runs to hand the ball to Petrino....or his girlfriend....:)

Speaking of girlfriends, I hear the UL game is parents weekend and that as usual we will have the "boy and girl" versions of the Deacon. We have asked Petrino to be our "Open the Gate" honoree to say thanks for Colburn. If so, is anyone else afraid he will try to run off with our Lady Deac on the back of the motorcycle and crash at midfield...

Speaking of girlfriends, I hear the UL game is parents weekend and that as usual we will have the "boy and girl" versions of the Deacon. We have asked Petrino to be our "Open the Gate" honoree to say thanks for Colburn. If so, is anyone else afraid he will try to run off with our Lady Deac on the back of the motorcycle and crash at midfield...
That's funny

I didn't know if he fit the profile of an every-down type guy, I thought he was more of a 3rd down bruiser type, but again, I don't follow nearly as closely as I could.

What does "3rd down bruiser type" mean? Your early down backs are usually more the "bruiser types". Feel like this sort of contradicts itself unless you meant a short yardage type back.

Last edited:
What does "3rd down bruiser type" mean? Your early down backs are usually more than "bruiser types". Feel like this sort of contradicts itself unless you meant a short yardage type back.

Yeah. When I think of an every down back I think of a big bruiser. Like Lagarrette Bliount. When I think of a 3rd down back I think of a scat back with quicks and hands such as Sproles.

Just give me a Chris Barclay for four downs.

Petrino is not know as a recruiter, hopefully he screwed up on Colburn

No it's really not at all, it's a a lot of words and thought into it for very little pay off. Your sense of humor is about as good as your basketball intelligence. See now that's funny.

And you just thought of all that with your Deac.

What does "3rd down bruiser type" mean? Your early down backs are usually more than "bruiser types". Feel like this sort of contradicts itself unless you meant a short yardage type back.

meant short yardage type

What a way to finish this class..........although I'm not sure we're done yet.

In the past 2 weeks, we've finished with commitments from
Kyle Kearns QB
Rocky Reid RB
Elonte Bateman DE
Jessie Bates DB
Matt Colburn RB

Nice work coaches. Your efforts are paying off big time.

Don't overlook the fact that they were working hard to keep Nathan Gilliam and Kahlil Welsh in this class at the same time.

A quick info request. Does anyone have info on whether P.J. Howard is going to be on scholarship next year? It was implied in a recent Bloggersodear article. I am wondering if I need to adjust the # of remaining scholarships for 2015.

A quick info request. Does anyone have info on whether P.J. Howard is going to be on scholarship next year? It was implied in a recent Bloggersodear article. I am wondering if I need to adjust the # of remaining scholarships for 2015.

From what I was told by that writer, Clawson said in a press conference on NSD that Howard would be on scholarship this season.

From what I was told by that writer, Clawson said in a press conference on NSD that Howard would be on scholarship this season.

Interesting. Good kid, hard worker, but has never caught a pass for us. Would have liked to see that go somewhere that could help.

For the record, I hope Howard proves me wrong and catches 10 touchdowns this year.

Interesting. Good kid, hard worker, but has never caught a pass for us. Would have liked to see that go somewhere that could help.

For the record, I hope Howard proves me wrong and catches 10 touchdowns this year.

I think the point is (as it almost always is with walkons) that we have scholarships to burn. We brought in the class that we wanted (or could get), we are only going to bring in 1-2 post grads if at all, and we had a couple extra scholarships. Its a nice reward.

Back