• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015 FB Recruiting: Mr. South Carolina Matt Colburn signs with #theawakening!

This is the best recruiting class we've had in ages and we're rated behind Duke and are 11th in the ACC? Ugggg

We are coming off a 3 win season where we were by far the worst team in the ACC. Patience, grasshopper.

This is the best recruiting class we've had in ages and we're rated behind Duke and are 11th in the ACC? Ugggg

If it makes you feel better, we're ranked ahead of Duke in the Rivals, Scout, and ESPN class rankings. We're only behind in 24/7 (52th to 50th). In the Wake-Duke universe that's pretty impressive considering Duke went 19-6 the past two regular seasons with two bowl appearances, and Wake went 7-17.

Is a preferred walk on usually given an opportunity to earn a scholarship ? I would think a walk on might need some academic scholarship money to help pay the $62k tuition.

Preferred walk-ons are recruited. Any walk on can earn a scholarship.

Is a preferred walk on usually given an opportunity to earn a scholarship ? I would think a walk on might need some academic scholarship money to help pay the $62k tuition.

On a radio show last year Clawson said that whether a walk-on was eligible for the types of university-provided financial aid that other students were eligible for depended on whether the walk-on was "recruited" under NCAA guidelines. If the walk-on wasn't recruited then they could receive financial aid from the school. Clawson gave some examples of what constituted "recruitment" and they seemed like activities that could easily be avoided if you were intentionally trying to preserve a potential walk-on's ability to get financial aid.

Dead 94 - what happened with former recruit Phillip Haynes? Also would love to see your update of page 1 and depth chart predictions....

Dead 94 - what happened with former recruit Phillip Haynes? Also would love to see your update of page 1 and depth chart predictions....

Phil Haynes enrolled at Wake in September and redshirted. He also switched to OL, and despite not having played the position before is now probably in the top 2 of the six OLs that redshirted. He will likely see the field in 2015. Possibly as a starter, but more likely in a rotational role or spot duty. I was anxious when the staff took the commit from him, but his success so far has made me less anxious when the staff takes under the radar guys like him, Benzinger and Bachman.

I will think about whether there is something that I can do on depth chart predictions, but if you search back in the thread you will find posts that I did on the WR and CB positions. Those are the two most interesting position groups going into 2015 in my opinion.

Page 1 on this thread is all RSF...

Were we the only school to recruit him? Do you see Herron starting opposite of Harris at OG? Also, the first page chart still has Dior Johnson and Lee Autry as commits....

Were we the only school to recruit him? Do you see Herron starting opposite of Harris at OG? Also, the first page chart still has Dior Johnson and Lee Autry as commits....

Yes, I last updated right before Dior's decommit. I'll update it today.

Phil Haynes enrolled at Wake in September and redshirted. He also switched to OL, and despite not having played the position before is now probably in the top 2 of the six OLs that redshirted. He will likely see the field in 2015. Possibly as a starter, but more likely in a rotational role or spot duty. I was anxious when the staff took the commit from him, but his success so far has made me less anxious when the staff takes under the radar guys like him, Benzinger and Bachman.

I will think about whether there is something that I can do on depth chart predictions, but if you search back in the thread you will find posts that I did on the WR and CB positions. Those are the two most interesting position groups going into 2015 in my opinion.

Page 1 on this thread is all RSF...

Incredible find and move to get him in the program last year instead of this year. Exceptional athlete who played basketball at a high level. He's already in the low 280's weight wise with seven months before the season.

With the preferred walk on from Raleigh and the post grad from USC, that makes 7 new receivers for next year. I can t find much information on the walk on.

Incredible find and move to get him in the program last year instead of this year. Exceptional athlete who played basketball at a high level. He's already in the low 280's weight wise with seven months before the season.

I hope Haynes doesn't get too big too fast. If he's 280ish now, let him stay there in 2015.

Back