• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015 FB Recruiting: Mr. South Carolina Matt Colburn signs with #theawakening!

UNC is actually an elite public. If they wanted to pitch legit academics, they could. They choose not to do so.

I think there are three groups based on my amateur reading of these articles over the years.

Group 1 just doesn't mention academics at all.

Group 2 mentions academics, but it's from the perspective that all universities have academics. They want to go to a university and get a degree.

Group 3 mentions a specific major or is interested in rigor in some respect.

You can typically tell a difference in Group 2 and Group 3 in their interest and offers. Group 3 has more private schools and elite publics which leads to a more national offer sheet.

More notes:

I was a little confused by OGB's post above before I looked at our commit list just now. I didn't realize that Paris Black was bumped up to a 3*/88 on 247. I think he was 2*/83 before. Nice. Not sure if that reflects FSU's possible interest.

Calhoun is listed at OLB on 247, but I imagine he's a DE in Clawson's defense. This gives us 8 DL commits in the last two classes, 5 are 86 or above on 247.

Thank you for an actually lucid answer (and thank you, Deac94). I swear I wasn't trying to be a jerk. Love how Clawson is using the academics at Wake to his advantage...maybe even getting some kids more fired up about academics than they initially would be? (ie getting a "group 2" kid to start thinking like a "group 3" kid)

No doubt. I'm sure many of us were Group 2 before somebody got us thinking about a specific path in life.

#theaWAKEning ‏@CoachZStone 22m
4 commits in 24 hours?! #theaWAKEning is on fire now! �� #GoDeacs

Who is the 4th besides Bargas, Calhoun, and Claude?

#theaWAKEning ‏@CoachZStone 22m
4 commits in 24 hours?! #theaWAKEning is on fire now! �� #GoDeacs

Who is the 4th besides Bargas, Calhoun, and Claude?

I was trying to figure this out as well. When did the long-snapper commit?

Jake Bargas‏@jbargas22·
Blessed to be apart of the Wake Forest Family, taking my talents to Winston, Salem! #theaWAKEning15 #GoDeacs

Bargas:

Ranked #236 overall in the country by Rank by Offers
Rivals #20 tight end in the country
Rivals #77 overall player in Florida (we have received commits from top-80 players in Florida on back-to-back nights)

Wells Dusenbury‏@DuseReport1063·52m
St. Andrew's TE Jake Bargas on why he chose #WakeForest: "Program on the rise, academics, coaches and the business school." #GoDeacs

Back