• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015 FB Recruiting: Mr. South Carolina Matt Colburn signs with #theawakening!

What's the current thinking about Colburn? What are our chances? Would recruiting him jeopadize us with any other recruits?

What's the current thinking about Colburn? What are our chances? Would recruiting him jeopadize us with any other recruits?

I don't know anything that's not publicly out there, but I've been following as closely as I can. I think as it stands we're probably looking to take one of King or Colburn, and the offer to Colburn may put a little pressure on King (although one day before NSD there's only so much pressure can do). From Colburn's POV I don't think he ever dreamed (I just wrote dreamt which is not a word) of going to Wake, but his coach said they are looking for ACC/SEC offers, and as of now I believe we're the only one (and we give him a shot at revenge against UL if he's into that).

I think the only prospect this would hurt is King If he doesn't step up and make the right call.

Adam Scheier @CoachScheier

You want answers?
I think we're entitled 2 them.
You want answers?
I want the truth!
At WF, we CAN handle the TRUTH!

https://twitter.com/CoachScheier

Coach Scheier tweeting in response to the truth!

Last edited:
Scheier is good. I will give him that. Still don't think they land Boulware, but only the Lords knows...

I noticed Tennessee lost the running back that they dropped Rocky Reid for to Texas A&M.

Adam Scheier @CoachScheier

You want answers?
I think we're entitled 2 them.
You want answers?
I want the truth!
At WF, we CAN handle the TRUTH!

https://twitter.com/CoachScheier

Coach Scheier tweeting in response to the truth!

How do you embed a tweet in this sports forum?
Easiest way is to click the youtube link button, replace the words youtube with tweet and the paste the tweet ID number in between them.

Tennessee still has Jalen Herd, Alvin Kamara and others...they are definitely NOT hurting at the running back position. I'd love to get King and Colburn. It would be nice to have a stable of backs for a change. Go Deacs!

Those of you who followed this thread through the summer will appreciate this one: Flynn Nagel flipped from Duke to Northwestern.

Safe to say that most teams in the country are taking hits from decommits. Not just Wake.

Anyone who feels more knowledgeable want to give me a quick rundown of King v. Colburn? Are they basically similar players? I see their size is almost identical.

Here's a scoop and shit. Colburn is only favoriting what fans are tweeting himane not retweeting. He has only favorited pro-WF tweets. You're welcome.

Back