• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015 Maui Invitational

With hopefully a new coach in tow. I really don't want to see Bzzzz sporting a Hawaii shirt.

That's what I said for the tournament coming up this week. I really wanted to go down to Atlantis. THANKS OBA...errr, WELLMAN.

One thing is for sure, if you're going to someplace like the Bahamas or Hawaii, don't waste a second of your time there watching a Jeff [Redacted] coached team play basketball.

11-9 combined record against these schools.

Wake Forest vs. the EA SPORTS Maui Invitational Field

Chaminade - Wake Forest has never played Maui Invitational host Chaminade, a Division II school. The Silverswords have a history of pulling off shock victories in their home tournament including a win over No. 1 Virginia in 1982 that is considered by some to be the biggest upset in college basketball history. Last year, Chaminade knocked off Texas in the opening round.

Indiana - Wake Forest holds a perfect 2-0 record over Indiana with both wins coming in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge. The Chris Paul-led Deacs torched the Hoosiers 100-67 in the 2003 ACC/Big Ten Challenge, and most recently, Wake Forest posted an 83-58 win over Indiana during the 2008 event.
Kansas - Wake Forest will face off against Kansas this Thursday in the Battle 4 Atlantis tournament in the first meeting between the two teams since the 2001-02 season. The series between Wake Forest and Kansas is tied at two wins apiece. The Deacons and Jayhawks have also split NCAA Tournament matchups, with Wake Forest winning in 1984 and Kansas winning in the 1994 Elite Eight.

St. John's - Wake Forest and St. John's have also split four meetings, with the Demon Deacons winning the most recent game in the series at Joel Coliseum during the 2002-03 season. The Deacons won their only postseason game against the Red Storm, beating them in the 1961 NCAA Tournament.

UCLA - Wake Forest's only meeting with UCLA came during its Final Four appearance in 1962. The Deacons beat the John Wooden coached Bruins 82-80 in the consolation game after bowing out of the tournament in the semifinals.

UNLV - Wake Forest has never played UNLV, or any team from the state of Nevada, in basketball.

Vanderbilt - Wake Forest and Vanderbilt have been frequent non-conference opponents on the hardwood with the Commodores leading the series 5-4. In their most recent matchups, the Deacons and Commodores split a home-and-home series during the 2007-08 and 2008-09 seasons with each team winning on its home court.

11-9 combined record against these schools.

Wake Forest vs. the EA SPORTS Maui Invitational Field

Chaminade - Wake Forest has never played Maui Invitational host Chaminade, a Division II school. The Silverswords have a history of pulling off shock victories in their home tournament including a win over No. 1 Virginia in 1982 that is considered by some to be the biggest upset in college basketball history. Last year, Chaminade knocked off Texas in the opening round.

Indiana - Wake Forest holds a perfect 2-0 record over Indiana with both wins coming in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge. The Chris Paul-led Deacs torched the Hoosiers 100-67 in the 2003 ACC/Big Ten Challenge, and most recently, Wake Forest posted an 83-58 win over Indiana during the 2008 event.
Kansas - Wake Forest will face off against Kansas this Thursday in the Battle 4 Atlantis tournament in the first meeting between the two teams since the 2001-02 season. The series between Wake Forest and Kansas is tied at two wins apiece. The Deacons and Jayhawks have also split NCAA Tournament matchups, with Wake Forest winning in 1984 and Kansas winning in the 1994 Elite Eight.

St. John's - Wake Forest and St. John's have also split four meetings, with the Demon Deacons winning the most recent game in the series at Joel Coliseum during the 2002-03 season. The Deacons won their only postseason game against the Red Storm, beating them in the 1961 NCAA Tournament.

UCLA - Wake Forest's only meeting with UCLA came during its Final Four appearance in 1962. The Deacons beat the John Wooden coached Bruins 82-80 in the consolation game after bowing out of the tournament in the semifinals.

UNLV - Wake Forest has never played UNLV, or any team from the state of Nevada, in basketball.

Vanderbilt - Wake Forest and Vanderbilt have been frequent non-conference opponents on the hardwood with the Commodores leading the series 5-4. In their most recent matchups, the Deacons and Commodores split a home-and-home series during the 2007-08 and 2008-09 seasons with each team winning on its home court.

Who can tell me what happened the last time we faced a hosting Division II team in one of Holiday basketball tournaments?

What was the name of the Hawaii tourney that we played in back in the late '90s or so?

I'll say it: I've wanted Wake to play in Maui forever, so I'm pretty excited.

I hope we don't crap the bed.

We had better have a new coach next season. This is two tournaments in a row that I would love to travel for and yet can not at all justify it with [Redacted] as coach.

Not sure how these tournaments choose their invitees, but somebody somewhere must be talking us up.

^^ yeah. other teams needing a confidence booster.

Back