• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015 Maui Invitational

I'm flying down to Atlantis tomorrow for the tourney, but we booked through my wife's school (who we happen to be playing on Thursday). I called the Deacon Club a few weeks ago to get my name added to the invite list for the Wake pep rally, happy hour, etc and was told that there aren't any because 'the attendance isn't what we had hoped for.' I asked how many had signed up to travel through Wake, and the the answer was...six.

If Buzz is not our coach this Maui trip might be a lot of fun.

I'm flying down to Atlantis tomorrow for the tourney, but we booked through my wife's school (who we happen to be playing on Thursday). I called the Deacon Club a few weeks ago to get my name added to the invite list for the Wake pep rally, happy hour, etc and was told that there aren't any because 'the attendance isn't what we had hoped for.' I asked how many had signed up to travel through Wake, and the the answer was...six.

LOLOLOLOLOL

Good.

A true "inner circle" then.

I hope that is not including the team.

It's not rock bottom, but it's still pretty bad.

Guess by Wellman/Casstevens math we will have 600 there.

That made my night. Fuck you, Ron.

I'm sure there are plenty of Atlantis deals better than the Deacon Club one especially ones that don't include game tickets. Still that's hilarious.

Wellman has been coasting on big donors and loyalists who weren't deterred by mediocrity. Finally even the low expectation fans who don't care about winning have reached their breaking point.

Quoted for posterity. This is incredibly telling.

Pretty cool for the guys. Considering how many tournaments there are these days that's a great field.

I remember attending one of these when I was in high school and we were on the plane with Jim Harrick and defending national champion UCLA. Saw Tom Izzo make his Michigan State coaching debut and Magic Johnson was there to watch. We met Vince Carter in the elevator and played pool volleyball with Steve Nash and one of his teammates. That was an epic year for the tournament. I remember Chaminade because some fan (or maybe coach) of theirs just stood under the hoop and repeated "DEFENSE CHAMINADE, DEFENSE" in a really loud voice during every one of their defensive possessions. Wish I had more pics from back then. That was a great field.

Ouch.... that's pathetic.

I'm sure there are plenty of Atlantis deals better than the Deacon Club one especially ones that don't include game tickets. Still that's hilarious.

Wellman has been coasting on big donors and loyalists who weren't deterred by mediocrity. Finally even the low expectation fans who don't care about winning have reached their breaking point.

Ph, remember it is all about the socks. Just ask Braces.

Whoever our coach is in 2015, we could potentially field a great team assuming this sophomore class is still intact.

dumb/obvious question but can someone help me out

what are we doing in 2014?

Back