• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016-2017 Basketball Starting Line-up...

Bubbadeac

Reaction score
With the current roster, what does the starting line-up, bench, contributors look like???

I prefer a big line-up: Crawford, Woods, Dinos, Collins, and Moore. We would need to play a lot of zone with those 5 but I'm okay with that.

First game my guess is three guard line-up:
Crawford
Wilbekin
Woods
Mitoglu
Collins

Hopeful that by middle of the ACC it is:
Crawford
Woods
Washington
Collins
Moore

What I hope it will be: BC, Woods, Washington, Collins, Moore.

What I think it will be: BC, Wilbekin, McClinton, Dinos, Collins.

If we start Wilbekin and McClinton I am going to lose it. McClinton is pretty much established as terrible. I would hope that Woods is good enough to start next year. If he isn't then we are in trouble on the wing. RW won't be ready for a while and McClinton sucks. We are going to need Woods to play a lot of 3.

If we start Wilbekin and McClinton I am going to lose it. McClinton is pretty much established as terrible. I would hope that Woods is good enough to start next year. If he isn't then we are in trouble on the wing. RW won't be ready for a while and McClinton sucks. We are going to need Woods to play a lot of 3.

Isn't woods pretty much a pure 2 though? I could be wrong about this.

Also, expecting a UNCC 7th man transfer to have a big impact on an ACC team seems like we are all being a bit optimistic. I would be pleased with Coron Williams level of production.

Also, expecting a UNCC 7th man transfer to have a big impact on an ACC team seems like we are all being a bit optimistic. I would be pleased with Coron Williams level of production.

Big impact vs better than Wilbekin are two vastly different things. The defense alone should be enough.

I don't expect him to be all conference, but referring to him as just "a Uncc 7th man" isn't all that fair. The other two starting guards were perria (sp?) Henry and Torin Dorn which is one senior and the C-USA freshman of the year.

Last edited:
We are going to have some spot-up shooters next year, which to me means we will need our driving PG and a big man who can post-up and pass out. Dinos needs to toughen up his inside game. He continues to be the typical soft Euro, but showed signs this year that he could play underneath. Unfortunately, it will never be his strong suit. He is basically Retardo Peral part 2. Would like to see him relegated to a role off the bench since he's only good for about half a game anyway, even when he's on.

My guess:

Crawford, Chill
Woods, Wilbekin, Washington
Grad transfer, Washington, Woods, Mitchell
Dinos, JC, GMc, Mitchell
JC, Doral, SJM

Huge hole at the 3 where we desperately need to pick up a grad transfer. Crawford obviously starts at the point with little Childress hopefully giving 10 serviceable minutes of backup a game. Woods starts at the 2 with Wilbekin backing him up. However, if we don't get a decent grad transfer, then Wilbekin and Woods will probably play a lot together. Gonna hold off on the judgement of Rich Wash until we see him play. We know he can shoot it and he has good size for a 3, but the issue will be if he's quick and strong enough to not be liability on D early on in his career. Hopefully he can step in and give 15-20 minutes a night from the start, but if not, then GMC probably sees an increase in minutes at the 3. Personally, I'd be fine with any 2 of Dinos, Collins, and Moore starting. I don't think it matters too much as long as they each get around 25 minutes a game. The good news is all three frontcourt pairings can play together. This should be the easiest decision MAnning has next year. I expect SJM to be used similarly to how Moore was used this past year. Given how productive Moore was at times and still couldn't get off the bench, I can't imagine what SJM would have to do to become part of the regular rotation. Expecting 5-10 spot minutes a game for SJM, but again, gonna reserve judgment until we see him play. Tough to speculate on this playing time too much when we don't know who's gonna be added to the team. I'll feel a lot better if we can land a serviceable grad transfer at the wing and once we get confirmation Dinos is coming back. For as bad as Dinos was at times last year, our front court will be ultra-thin next year if he leaves.

Getting a grad transfer at the 3 has to be the highest of priorities for Coach Manning and staff.

I agree with Bourcc above on SJM. I'd expect him to get Doral-like minutes as a frosh while he gets into college shape and transforms into Big E.

First game my guess is three guard line-up:

Crawford
Wilbekin
Woods
Mitoglu
Collins

Hopeful that by middle of the ACC it is:
Crawford
Woods
Washington
Collins
Moore

This! Manning has to change his style. Moore and Collins.

Getting a grad transfer at the 3 has to be the highest of priorities for Coach Manning and staff.

For next year yes, but not needing a grad transfer at any position should be their future priority.

Back