• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Football Recruiting Thread - Notes from NSD Press Conference and Reception

He said in his post-commitment interview that he plans to take all 5 official visits. He says that taking OVs is "part of the process"

I'll be stunned if he signs with Cuse on signing day.

Congrats to EPT Trainee Malik Grate Class of 2016 WR/DB for picking up his first Power 5 conference offer from Wake Forest. Keep Grinding!

Looks like another scholarship opened up. Tyler Henderson to retire from the game per IG account. wish the kid well.

https://instagram.com/p/16wDy6Q-sy/

Really sorry to lose Tyler from the team, but he's making the right decision. Gotta think of your health first.
I'm sure he'll end up being successful at whatever he next focuses on. (he could end up being a heck of a coach)

2016 FB Recruiting. Coaches on the road through 5/31.

Question...in this scenario does Tyler still have the rest of his education at Wake paid for?

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that from Tyler. I sure hope he stays at Wake and finishes his degree. With football commitment out of his life for the short term at least, he can look more widely at majors at Wake.

As a follow-up to yesterday's post, TE Noah Davis was offered by Michigan State during his visit this weekend.....and he promptly committed to the Spartans.

I have absolutely no idea why a NC kid would want to go to Upstate NY to play football at a mediocre program.

Malik Grate was definitely recruited as a slot receiver. Also competes in track (100m and 200m). Actually won the S.C. 2A track titles in the 200m and 400m as a 10th grader. Finished 2nd in the 100m last year as well. Ran a 10.89 100m in the finals. His Hudl says that his 4.60 40 was SPARQ verified, but I can't find when/where he attended a Nike camp. Has a few highlights on Hudl that people will be excited about. Wake Forest was his second offer (he was offered by Furman last summer). Visited Wake Forest at least once recently. Maybe twice. His Twitter follows have one P5 coach (Georgia Tech) and several non-P5 coaches (App State, Georgia Southern etc). Georgia Tech invited him to their spring game. Skinny. You would expect he will need to add weight to play in the ACC.

Hudl highlights: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2289918/malik-grate

Last edited:
247 days that Clemson was recruiting him and even listed the coach who was recruiting him.

247 days that Clemson was recruiting him and even listed the coach who was recruiting him.

I read they were recruiting him as a corner. I didn't see any Clemson coaches following him on Twitter though. Maybe I just overlooked it.

The more info that I find on Grate the more convinced I am that he is a very high-end athlete. He crushed the Nike combine in Atlanta. 40 inch vertical.

Other than Grate's athleticism, the two big stories with this commitment are: 1) how aggressive the staff is with taking commitments this early in the cycle (I wonder if this was a result of lessons learned from last year, or merely a reflection of an earlier start on the 2016 class) and 2) there were a number of other slot WRs that were offered a long time ago that were still uncommitted (Moe Neal, Q Bargnare and Darion Slade). Maybe they are targeting Moe Neal as an APB.

Back