• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Football Recruiting Thread - Notes from NSD Press Conference and Reception

2016 Kicker commit Dom Maggio has been selected to play in the Under Armour game.

Dom Maggio ‏@theoriginal_dom 3h3 hours ago
Very blessed and thankful to have been selected to play in the Under Armour All-American Game with these guys
Logan Tyler, Ρrεττγ Rιcκγ, Braden Mann and Kohl's Kicking Camps
Embedded image permalink

2016 Kicker commit Dom Maggio has been selected to play in the Under Armour game.

Dom Maggio ‏@theoriginal_dom 3h3 hours ago
Very blessed and thankful to have been selected to play in the Under Armour All-American Game with these guys
Logan Tyler, Ρrεττγ Rιcκγ, Braden Mann and Kohl's Kicking Camps
Embedded image permalink

Great for Dom.
This is a big deal.
I feel pretty good about our kicking game

Demetric Warren made a Crystal Ball prediction for Moe Neal to Syracuse. He is the national writer that made the very early prediction that Rocky Reid would end up at Wake Forest.

The Vandy guys are saying that they feel good about their chances with Traveon Redd, but the respective coaching staffs won't be informed of his decision until the 31st. So no silent verbal commitment in advance.

There's the new mural of the NFL guys who have been drafted recently. I think that's a new addition.

I hope they took the clever step of leaving at least one blank space on the mural for future additions.

I hope they took the clever step of painting in whoever is visiting that day.

The mural is actually custom graphics on the wall covering. Additions can easily be added. Wake got a lot of bang for the dollars spent in the locker room. Looks really nice.

Height is Overrated in football( on offense ) except at perhaps one wide receiver position. Some of our best players have been under 6 feet ( Skinner, Hopkins, Givens, Mcdougal, Camp,...)

Doug Flutie..............another short guy who was pretty good

By all accounts Clawson has completely changed the program so it doesn't shock me that there would continue to be a good deal of attrition of Grobe recruits now that they have gone through a full year.

Masterson's film does have some sizzle despite him being a little undersized

I doubt this necessarily means we know Redd isn't coming. We only ended up getting Bates last year after missing out on Matthew and Dior. Safety is probably our weakest position both from a numbers and a talent standpoint, wouldn't be surprised to see us take two.

6'2 195 for a Safety is hardly undersized.

If you think he's really that big.

Productive player, no doubt. Poor competition on his HUDL tape, but there's some good coaching it looks like. Do we know if he camped? That would make me feel better if they staff has seen him...

Back