• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Masters Contest - BostonDeac wins!

2016 Masters Contest - Czar leads after Day 1

Old ass Langer hanging in there. Spieth with a bad double on 11

Jordan with the double bogey!!! That's what we needed to avoid a total snooze fest tomorrow.

golf on tv is so weird. you would think only spieth and rory were playing and then boom as soon as jordan double bogeys they start to show like 10 more players

golf on tv is so weird. you would think only spieth and rory were playing and then boom as soon as jordan double bogeys they start to show like 10 more players

To be fair the #2 and #3 ranked players in the world are paired together on Saturday at the Masters. Makes sense they get the bulk of the coverage

well yeah but it is not like now we are missing each of the #2 and #3 ranked player's shot to watch smiley kaufman hit.

Matsuyama is hardly ever talked about but good god he's so good. Dude is 14th in the world and since turning pro has only missed 7 cuts. #1 birdie average, #7 scoring average, #9 strokes gained total, #5 strokes gained tee to green and #14 GIR%.

So talented though.

As for coverage of specific players... The goal as I understand is to show as many shots as possible by the winner of the tournament. So that's a fluid target.

He has got to break through at some point though you would imagine.

On raw talent alone he should have won a handful already. Guy just can't keep it together and makes too many mental errors. He seems like a good enough guy. Hopefully he breaks through at some point

Agreed. Worst produced Masters coverage I've ever seen. Way, way too much focus on Speith. At one point, they spent a minute just focusing on him walking down a fairway when they could have shown other action in the field. I'm not sure if I saw anyone tee off today besides Speith and McIlroy. Lots of putts "a few moments ago". Hope it's more even handed tomorrow, but it will probably be worse. Disappointing, used to be great coverage.

Back