• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Masters Contest - BostonDeac wins!

DeChambeau seems like such a tool, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to hate watching him on tour, but he's got a damn nice round going with a birdie on 11 and a great chance at birdie on 12.

Wait what?? This kid seems like the man. He passionate, has personality, and plays with his own vibe. Seems like a guy that could bring more young people into the sport.
Instead of Jordan who is boring as fuck, but dying old white dudes seem to love him...

Someone fill me in on what happened to Dechambeau on 18. I missed it.

He hit his first tee shot into a holly tree and it was unplayable. He hit his second tee shot behind some equipment shed between 18 and 8. He had to take relief all the way over almost in the 8th fairway and hit it just short of the 18th green.

Wait what?? This kid seems like the man. He passionate, has personality, and plays with his own vibe. Seems like a guy that could bring more young people into the sport.
Instead of Jordan who is boring as fuck, but dying old white dudes seem to love him...

I like Spieth too. We need some good, talented, American golfers. Spieth is too vanilla for the cameras though.

I like Spieth too. We need some good, talented, American golfers. Spieth is too vanilla for the cameras though.

I think that we're pretty good on young american talent for the years to come. Jordan, Brooks, Rickie, Harris, Russell, Billy, and Patrick Reed to mention a few (under 30). Granted Billy and Patrick are douche bags and only Jordan and Rickie have world wide appeal as of today. I feel like Brooks is going to be one of the next really big american golfers because the guy is a stud. Russell has been playing like shit and Harris has been kinda up and down lately but over all the talent pool from the US is looking pretty solid with 9 out of 20 in the world golf ranking from the US and 4 of those guys being under 30.

He hit his first tee shot into a holly tree and it was unplayable. He hit his second tee shot behind some equipment shed between 18 and 8. He had to take relief all the way over almost in the 8th fairway and hit it just short of the 18th green.

Thanks Lilburn. He is definitely different but to play so well as an amateur at the Masters for the first time is pretty incredible. He looks like he may be the next American star.

He actually walked thru the trees and back about 100 yds from where his ball landed in order to take a drop by a cart path. He had to drop it about 5 times before finally 'placing' the ball because it kept rolling on to the path. He was 265 yds from the hole, had a blind shot. He actually hit a pretty decent shot that landed near the green, lying 4. Ended up with a 7.

Of course you like him and hate Jordan.

I think that we're pretty good on young american talent for the years to come. Jordan, Brooks, Rickie, Harris, Russell, Billy, and Patrick Reed to mention a few (under 30). Granted Billy and Patrick are douche bags and only Jordan and Rickie have world wide appeal as of today. I feel like Brooks is going to be one of the next really big american golfers because the guy is a stud. Russell has been playing like shit and Harris has been kinda up and down lately but over all the talent pool from the US is looking pretty solid with 9 out of 20 in the world golf ranking from the US and 4 of those guys being under 30.

Agree on Koepka, which is why he's on team cville this week. But I've never liked Ricky. Seems like golf's version of Andre Agassi early on - drew way too much attention to himself for years before his game merited it. That, and he's part of that golf boy crowd I can't stand. And why don't you like Horschel? He had a temper early on but has reined that in a bit, and I like the interviews I've seen of him.

I don't feel that strongly about any of them, but some might say Billy has drawn plenty of attn to himself with the attire and the critical tweeting, etc.

Agree on Koepka, which is why he's on team cville this week. But I've never liked Ricky. Seems like golf's version of Andre Agassi early on - drew way too much attention to himself for years before his game merited it. That, and he's part of that golf boy crowd I can't stand. And why don't you like Horschel? He had a temper early on but has reined that in a bit, and I like the interviews I've seen of him.

The one interaction I had with him wasn't the best, granted that's just a one off time. Other than that I've heard from guys who are around tour players that he's kindda iffy. Half the time decent dude, half the time douche. Maybe calling him a douche straight off the bat is just the part of me that has a disdain for all things UF.

On Rickie: yeah he got a lot of attention early on for the way he dresses etc etc but he's currently the #5 player in the world. Also, 2014 was a hell of a year for him which is where I really think that he made a really solid name for himself as just a golfer.

Last edited:
Bryson has the makings of a great villain. Arrogant, self-absorbed, robotic - and hitting the pro ranks with more success than Spieth did. I mean, why not tell everyone you want to grow the game like Arnold Palmer at your first Masters? Smacks of Tiger's "Hello, World" moment... Something about his smirk reminds me of Bubba where you can tell he's hiding his contempt for others half the time.

With Spieth, Rory, Fowler, and Day being such nice guys, it'd be a nice final ingredient to add another dick who can really play to the mix (like Bubba).

Oh, and not liking Horschel is completely understandable. Guy is abrasive as hell and is 10 times worse than orange Ricky with his "statement pants." I like him but he's definitely on the short list of players that if someone says they don't like them you're like, "well yeah I can see that."

Thanks for the responses - good to know. And yeah, I'm kinda anti UF too, especially now that my niece committed to play lax there instead of VT. Made me a :panda:.

Bryson has the makings of a great villain. Arrogant, self-absorbed, robotic - and hitting the pro ranks with more success than Spieth did. I mean, why not tell everyone you want to grow the game like Arnold Palmer at your first Masters? Smacks of Tiger's "Hello, World" moment... Something about his smirk reminds me of Bubba where you can tell he's hiding his contempt for others half the time.

With Spieth, Rory, Fowler, and Day being such nice guys, it'd be a nice final ingredient to add another dick who can really play to the mix (like Bubba).

Oh, and not liking Horschel is completely understandable. Guy is abrasive as hell and is 10 times worse than orange Ricky with his "statement pants." I like him but he's definitely on the short list of players that if someone says they don't like them you're like, "well yeah I can see that."

That's a perfect way of saying it.

Nice guys may not always finish last but there have been some great players over the years who weren't exactly trying to win a popularity contest.

Bubba is mostly disliked because he's unnecessarily mean to his caddy and gives up on courses when they don't fit his game. Also, dem pouts.

Bryson is definitely the mad scientist of golf. That's the villian angle you need for him. Uses #SCIENCE to win. Johnny Blue Collar on the pub links don't know nothin bout plane singularity or saltwater ball testing. Also, the hat.

Wind looks crazy out there today. Can't imagine that many guys goes low on moving day this year.

Wind looks crazy out there today. Can't imagine that many guys goes low on moving day this year.

So far today, the course and Mother Nature are winning again.....like yesterday.
Even par will be a very good score today.

Back