• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Panthers Thread: MOVING ON

Status
Not open for further replies.
Norman hired a new agent today. His old agent is still on as a co-rep but that may be because it takes 5 days for a new agent to become official. I wonder if he doesn't like the advice his old agent gave him.

Yeah seems pretty clear that he's not happy with his old representation. I just wonder if this means there is a better/worse chance he might actually sign with us.

Yeah seems pretty clear that he's not happy with his old representation. I just wonder if this means there is a better/worse chance he might actually sign with us.

I think it's a good sign he stays. Clearly he's not happy with how things are going. If he wanted to chase the biggest contract he'd be happy.

I feel like Jno enjoys winning too much to end up in a shit hole like Atlanta.

Falcons are known for savvy FA signings

Part of me hopes he goes to the Falcons. It will make them marginally better, but still not a threat; and it would cost them a fortune. Ole JNo, going for the long con. #Panther4Life

Last edited:
Norman was awesome last season and I don't think it mattered that he was in our system. In fact I suspect he made a bum like Harper serviceable last season. Not like we had a great pass rush this last year. Hopefully we can replace him or sign him for the right amount with the agent change

So we now have enough money to lock down others right?

Norman was awesome last season and I don't think it mattered that he was in our system. In fact I suspect he made a bum like Harper serviceable last season. Not like we had a great pass rush this last year. Hopefully we can replace him or sign him for the right amount with the agent change

Yep. People should be confident about this move based on the hope that Ealy and a high draft pick will improve the pass rush and that Bene will get healthy and good and GMan can draft or find a FA legit starting outside CB. People confident with the belief that Norman was a system CB don't get it.

5 years, $60M front loaded and easy to restructure on the back end doesn't seem that unreasonable.

So we'll likely get a third round camp pick if Norman leaves?

A lot depends on guaranteed money of course, but the Panthers never wanted a 5 year deal first of all for a player that turns 29 this season. Then it's north of 12.5 a year for 5? The Panthers aren't going to match that.

I don't really agree with letting him go off the franchise tag, I would've taken the 1 year rental, but I do think it helps the team long term because you carry-over cap space from year to year. Coming off of the 12-4 team the Panthers were 16 million over the cap heading into the next season. Since then we've signed 25 year old QB to a franchise deal, 24 year old star LB to a franchise deal, and are currently 32 million under the cap. And won the division 2 more times on top of that.

Last edited:
So we'll likely get a third round camp pick if Norman leaves?

No one knows the exact formula but as long as net loss is more than net gain, losing someone like Norman would be a 3rd round pick.

Dimitroff says they aren't going after Norman.

@DOrlandoAJC
"That's not a direction that we are going," #Falcons GM Thomas Dimitroff said about ex #Panthers Josh Norman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back