• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Panthers Thread: MOVING ON

Status
Not open for further replies.
Donnelly mentioned on the broadcast that none of our interior OL have been able to block big-Vern so far in camp. Are we expecting a breakout year out of him? Perhaps enough to let Star walk after this year?

Donnelly mentioned on the broadcast that none of our interior OL have been able to block big-Vern so far in camp. Are we expecting a breakout year out of him? Perhaps enough to let Star walk after this year?

I'd like to keep all three and put Big Vern at DE on some passing downs. It's a huge advantage to have 3 high level DTs. From what I see, if we resign Butler, there would only be a 2 year overlap where we'd be paying all three big money. Short's contract ends at 32 years old. If we resign him, I doubt it would be for that much.

Something to consider is that we don't have many young players on the roster who will command a big pay day. It's not like having Cam, Luke, KK, and Norman who could each legitimate get top 5 at their position deals. Out of the last 4 draft classes, only KB, Trai, Shaq, Butler, and Bradberry look like good bets to get a good to great second contract.

Last edited:
I'd like to keep all three and put Big Vern at DE on some passing downs. It's a huge advantage to have 3 high level DTs. From what I see, if we resign Butler, there would only be a 2 year overlap where we'd be paying all three big money. Short's contract ends at 32 years old. If we resign him, I doubt it would be for that much.

Something to consider is that we don't have many young players on the roster who will command a big pay day. It's not like having Cam, Luke, KK, and Norman who could each legitimate get top 5 at their position deals. Out of the last 4 draft classes, only KB, Trai, Shaq, Butler, and Bradberry look like good bets to get a good to great second contract.

Trai Turner signed a 4 year/47 mil extension this offseason.

Butler hasn't done anything to even mention the word contract extension. Shaq as well.

Butler hasn't done anything to even mention the word contract extension. Shaq as well.

Usually you mention contract extension for first round picks who aren't obvious busts. Like I said we aren't talking Cam or Luke type deals.

Big Vern isn't really a Star replacement, more of a Kawann backup in terms of role and skillset

CAM THREW TO RECEIVERS TODAY!

Jaguars released Brandon Albert.

They also waived old friend Tyler Gaffney.

Cam and Samuel are getting more work in practice today. Still very light but progress is promising. Cam is throwing to players and Samuel is running routes.

At this point, I'd be shocked if the WR corps is anything but KB, Funchess, Shepard, Samuels, and Byrd with Webb as the WR6.

Before the Texans game, I thought it was possible Webb could get cut, but he played pretty well and I would hope he is up for the #2 position when DA retires.

I don't see how Samuel is ready for the active roster week 1

Pretty sure Bersin us making the team. Everything I've read says he's having a great camp.

If Bersin makes the roster over Byrd then its time to overthrow the front office

Pretty sure Bersin us making the team. Everything I've read says he's having a great camp.

Like how great? Running without falling down? Not turning the ball over? Maybe he can play STs just to keep Jerry happy, but if he makes it and Byrd doesn't, then white privilege is officially real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back