• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017-18 Men's College Basketball Thread (NWT)

That program has an over-stated view of itself, but even so, Price has been a total disaster.

The year before Price took over, UNCC was #146 in the country. In the three seasons that Price has had the job they went from #193 (14-18), to #237 (13-17), and now to #267 (3-6), and an incredible 0-14 against top 100 teams. The 49er defense is particularly atrocious (#262). Just was no sign that the program was headed in the right direction. To have any chance to win at a school like Charlotte, the Coach has to be working his arse off, Mark Price made $29,709,920 in his 12 year NBA career. Given his financial stability and the daunting task to raise that after-thought commuter school to basketball prominence, doubt Price had the motivation to grind like most coaches do to give their program an edge.

FWIW, the same question could be asked of Manning, but he did start off as graduate assistant and worked his way up the coaching ranks, which gives more credence that DM's passion is coaching.

Wow. What a decline from their glory years a few decades ago.
Anybody remember Cornbread Maxwell and UNCC's run to the Final Four?
That was fun to watch.

That wake unc Charlotte game when we beat them by two the year they went to the final four was at the Greensboro Coliseum

Just read this on an Asheville blog:

A new mini-basketball tournament involving ACC teams is in the works for Thanksgiving weekend 2018 at the US Cellular Center. Chris Corl, the center’s director, told the Civic Center Commission last week that the Battle of the Blue Ridge would be a three-day event that would be televised. It’s not a done deal yet, but the event does have a presenting sponsor, and the center has the dates available.

Just read this on an Asheville blog:

If these end up involving any conference games (a long shot, I'm sure), look for the ACC to make Duke and UNC 'away' teams if they're in the field.

Just like the NFL would never allow the Patriots or Cowboys to lose a home game in Mexico City or London.

If these end up involving any conference games (a long shot, I'm sure), look for the ACC to make Duke and UNC 'away' teams if they're in the field.

Just like the NFL would never allow the Patriots or Cowboys to lose a home game in Mexico City or London.

I'm guessing it's some tournament on the level of Paradise Jam that would feature like Virginia Tech or Clemson or something as the headlining team.

Bring back the Big Four Tournament.

(I know it'll never happen but would be great if it did. I think we won 3 years in a row in the mid 70's)

(I know it'll never happen but would be great if it did. I think we won 3 years in a row in the mid 70's)

It's gone because those were non-conference losses the blue teams didn't want.

I'm guessing it's some tournament on the level of Paradise Jam that would feature like Virginia Tech or Clemson or something as the headlining team.

Depends. Is it televised or "televised?"

Big Baller Brand Big Four Tournament

NCAA finds UNC staff committed academic violations and gives them 1-year postseason ban and 3 years probation

University of Northern Colorado

NCAA finds UNC staff committed academic violations and gives them 1-year postseason ban and 3 years probation

University of Northern Colorado

Is this serious - or a joke? That would be too ironic to be true.

Is this serious - or a joke? That would be too ironic to be true.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...anctions-academic-fraud-recruiting-violations

Former Northern Colorado men's basketball coach B.J. Hill received a six-year show-cause order Friday following an NCAA investigation into academic fraud and recruiting violations.

The NCAA concluded that nine members of Hill's staff were involved in completing coursework for players, paying for prospects' classes and arranging off-campus practices with an academically ineligible student-athlete.

"The head coach took shortcuts to success, putting his own self-interest and ambitions ahead of student-athlete welfare," the NCAA's Committee on Infractions panel said in a statement. "He recruited talented but academically ineligible prospects and then violated foundational NCAA ethical conduct legislation to secure their eligibility."

According to the NCAA, Hill personally completed course work for a prospect and enlisted an athletic trainer to do the same.

The NCAA accepted the team's self-imposed penalties of a postseason ban for the 2016-17 season, recruiting restrictions and a reduction of three scholarships for the 2017-18 and 2018-19 seasons. Other penalties from the NCAA include three years of probation and a vacation of records.

Hill led Northern Colorado to the Big Sky title and an NCAA tournament appearance in his first season at the helm in 2010-11. Northern Colorado has been ordered to repay the money it received for appearing in the NCAA tournament.

Hill's show-cause order runs until Dec. 14, 2023. Five former assistant coaches and a graduate assistant also received show-cause orders ranging from three to five years.

The school fired Hill and his entire staff in 2016 upon learning of the violations, which occurred between 2010 and 2014.

State v. Fightin Wes Millers on FCSR. Markell Johnson suspended indefinitely

Spartans beat the pack and should move into the top 100 in KP. That will be a decent win by the end of the year.

Back