• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 College Basketball Coaching Carousel (Matta out at Ohio State)

Miller made over $1M at Dayton last year vs. $250K at Winthrop. Not exactly lateral.

Things worked out well for Archie and State.

Kelsey on the other hand may have been screwed by Xavier's Elite Eight run.

Indeed. Really happy how quickly Yow identified her guy and went and got him ASAP. Given he way all the other hires this off season have played out in really happy to end up with Keatts. IU getting Archie is about as good as they could do IMO, the other pipe dreams weren't ever a real option from what it looks like.

Anyone know if Indiana approached Mack? I would take hm over Miller. Mack is getting it done.

I'll be interested to see how Archie does at IU. He strikes me as a great Dayton type job coach who may or may not be able replicate that success at a place like Indiana

Yeah. I think that's an Indiana problem though.

I'll be interested to see how Archie does at IU. He strikes me as a great Dayton type job coach who may or may not be able replicate that success at a place like Indiana

They had choices in Archie and probably Mack [but he may be happy at X and not want to leave?], Gregg Marshall if they would pay him $4+ mill [and put up with his wife and his ego]. Not does Dayton take a chance on Kelsey and pay off UMass? or even go after Wes Miller? Both are good choices IMO also.

Wes Miller has not done enough to merit a promotion to that level.

Archie's dad says Archie wasn't interested in State due to trust issues.
http://www.thescore.com/news/1261829

Dude should have just kept his mouth shut. Things were working fine for everybody.

Eh, more public trashing of NC State? I'll take it.

2017 College Basketball Coaching Carousel (Archie Miller to Indiana)

Attention seeking sports dads.

Indiana at State should be a no-brainer ACC-Big Ten matchup. Even the home-road rotation works out.

Last edited:
Gary Williams undermined NC State athletics by telling everyone how horrible it was to work for Debbie Yow. Love it.

Back