• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 College Basketball Coaching Carousel (Matta out at Ohio State)

Moton to UNCW would be interesting and probably mean a raise for him and keep UNCW grooving.

Thought Hopkins was taking over after Boeheim retired next year? Something going on at Syracuse?

Wow. He was designated coach in waiting two years ago.

Like Capel with K, Hopkins did not perform well during Boehiem's absence. He now may need to prove he can win somewhere else to get reins at Syracuse.

Hopkins was contractually guaranteed to get the Syracuse HC job when Boeheim retired. He just decided to go to Washington.

His ties to SoCal should help him at Washington. Don't be shocked to see him pull a lot of players from his HS alma mater- Mater Dei.

Hopkins was contractually guaranteed to get the Syracuse HC job when Boeheim retired. He just decided to go to Washington.

Yes, but that contract predated his time filling in for Boehiem. I'm just saying that he could have been gently encouraged to try somewhere else.

Surprised they went with an assistant and not someone with area ties.

Yes, but that contract predated his time filling in for Boehiem. I'm just saying that he could have been gently encouraged to try somewhere else.

I would be VERY surprised if that happened other than if they told him Boeheim is staying for five more years.

Manning has lots of different connections to Oklahoma State (Big 12, Self, Tulsa)... he might be on their list.

I don't think it's likely that he would take it, but just for fun, I think our list would be Chris Collins, Dan Muller, Will Wade, and Pat Kelsey. Probably in that order.
No way Collins would come to Wake so long as he has a chance at replacing K (which chances became more solid in the last few weeks).

Still gets to listen to Tiger Rag, so close enough for him.

Back