• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 College Football Coaching Carousel

I know this is isn't serious, but I wonder how much ill will Fulmer holds toward Clawson. The offense that year was plenty bad

Probably not much from the book I read on UT football about that year. The entire year was just a mess with injuries. Their best RB had problems all year and they actually got it going at the end of the season, enough that Fulmer though he might keep his job, but Mike Hamilton decided to pull the trigger [a la Wellman with Odom & Greer]

Is cut an option now?

Cutcliffe turned it down.

Reported names I recall mentioned, considered or offered surrounding the job in no particular order: Gruden, Chip Kelly, Mullen, Frost, Schiano, Cutcliffe, Petrino, Gundy, Brohm, Doeren, Jim Bob Cooter, Jason Witten. There was reportedly a meeting in CA with Leach before Currie was fired and also Sumlin now among others being considred/pursued.

Probably not a completely accurate list and the train wreck is on full display, but as Cam Newton said, "the Titanic still has to go."

Props to CBS Sports for waiting until the game was over to send their alerts.

Who do you feel you keep talking to? We get it. Sorry the country doesn't agree with your desires.

It’s just an absurd broken system that will come crashing down soon enough like most systems in America where you don’t pay your labor force.

Do you not feel it’s ludicrous that Jimbo Fisher is going to make $20K a DAY for the next like 3,500 days when the guys ripping their ACLs and scrambling their brains for him don’t get a cent? You can make the scholarship argument all you want, but let’s not pretend Jimbo isn’t getting a car and countless other benefits including tuition concessions for his kids.

Do you not feel it’s ludicrous that Jimbo Fisher is going to make $20K a DAY for the next like 3,500 days when the guys ripping their ACLs and scrambling their brains for him don’t get a cent? You can make the scholarship argument all you want, but let’s not pretend Jimbo isn’t getting a car and countless other benefits including tuition concessions for his kids.

I’m not at the point of wanting to see the players get paid, but those are good points and hard to argue with.

I’m not at the point of wanting to see the players get paid, but those are good points and hard to argue with.

What does it take to get you there? You don’t think that the next contract will top that one? When does that stop. If you don’t think players should be paid, really ask yourself why, because there is nothing amateur about big time college FB.

What does it take to get you there? You don’t think that the next contract will top that one? When does that stop. If you don’t think players should be paid, really ask yourself why, because there is nothing amateur about big time college FB.

Don’t disagree with any of that. I think I’m just old school and hate to see it come to that at the college level. I think it would hurt what college sports is supposed to be, “for the love of the game and all,” but the big business aspect of it is already doing that and it’s run by an inept organization the NCAA. If it happens, the athletes getting paid, I won’t whine about it.

I'd really love to hear Loh's argument.

Back