• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Football Recruiting

I'll ask: is he choosing Wake because clawson beat out these other programs or is he choosing wake because we are the best fit for him/favorite school out of his realistic options. I want to believe that clawson beat out these other top schools, but I am not sure if I am blinded or not.

It appears as if he can go wherever he wants.

Clawson talked about finding the kids that actually mean it when they say academics are important and I really don't think we can overstate how important it is to be able to point to Kevin Johnson and say, "You can have both."

Clawson talked about finding the kids that actually mean it when they say academics are important and I really don't think we can overstate how important it is to be able to point to Kevin Johnson and say, "You can have both."

Umm...with the Giles saga in mind, I can't help but recall...

" You know how to TAKE the reservation, you just don't know how to HOLD the reservation "

So Allen is or isn't visiting this Saturday? Other guys in town too?

The only visit scoop that I've seen so far is on a premium board. To be fair to Les and Mike I won't post that info here. I will say that it doesn't sound like a big weekend in terms of # of recruits. At least not based on the names that have surfaced to date. Also keep in mind that 2018 recruiting is likely a big priority now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why can't the baseball team use this kind of logic like Vandy & UVA do?

tumblr_nz00kvKzgS1tqh2yyo1_500.gif

Why can't the baseball team use this kind of logic like Vandy & UVA do?

Financial aid is a big part of it. Baseball is an equivalency sport so the scholarships are rarely if ever full scholarships. Vandy has better aid packages and UVA is a state school so the price tag is less.

Plus they have better coaches.

Wake Rivals just confirmed via Twitter that Mike Allen will be visiting this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any one know if he's doing a hat picking announcement or just tweeting his decision?

There is a new 2017 offer out today to 6'7 Grant Carrigan. In 247s earliest rankings for this class he was one of the top TEs, but his only offer so far has come from Kent State. I could see this being a TE offer or an OL offer. We'll have to wait and see. I really wasn't expecting any new offers to be extended.

Someone posted a pic of him in the stadium donning a Wake #11 jersey with another recruit awhile back. He looked at least 6'5" and jacked:cool:

6-6, 241 was the last measurement I saw.

Back