• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Football Recruiting

94, any mention of more grey shirts? We'll have to spend one 'ship next year on a kicker.

Maybe we get the UGA kicker - who doesn't have a scholarship - to transfer to Wake.

Just after I posted that ^ 247 reported that OJ Tucker will no longer visit Maryland. One would think that would put Wake in the driver's seat.

ETA: Tucker is also hearing from Notre Dame now.

I know "commitment" is probably a misnomer but it seems wrong for our former DC who left voluntarily to pursue one of ours. Or am I just being naive?

I know "commitment" is probably a misnomer but it seems wrong for our former DC who left voluntarily to pursue one of ours. Or am I just being naive?

that is what I was thinking. Cant see Elko sticking it to Clawson and I would hope he might be a gentleman and not poach

Tucker is not and never has been a WF commitment, verbal or otherwise

PJ Fleck does not care. He just gutted W Michigan's class taking 6 commitments with him to Minnesota. Generally, I think in the business taking commitments is viewed with some disdain, but the uncommitted are are wide open fair game. In the end, it really carries no weight except for the fans and staff school being poached. Flipping is a way of life in recruiting. I do it, you do it we all do it. Although the NCAA gives lip service to a kid pledging to a school, we all know the vast majority of kids pledge to a staff/recruiter.

Indianapolis (Ind.) Ben Davis defensive end Esezi Otomewo's Friday night commitment to Minnesota helped cap a fantastic first day on the job for PJ Fleck.

"I wanted to follow Coach Fleck," Otomewo said.

He wasn't the only one that bolted from Western Michigan's class to play for Fleck and company in the Big Ten.

Quarterback Tanner Morgan, linebacker Trenton Guthrie defensive end Noah Hickcox receiver Chris Bell offensive lineman John Schmitz also flipped from the Broncos to the Gophers.

Burley is retweeting the shit out of Ole Miss stuff!! I doubt we keep him

PJ Fleck does not care. He just gutted W Michigan's class taking 6 commitments with him to Minnesota. Generally, I think in the business taking commitments is viewed with some disdain, but the uncommitted are are wide open fair game. In the end, it really carries no weight except for the fans and staff school being poached. Flipping is a way of life in recruiting. I do it, you do it we all do it. Although the NCAA gives lip service to a kid pledging to a school, we all know the vast majority of kids pledge to a staff/recruiter.

Indianapolis (Ind.) Ben Davis defensive end Esezi Otomewo's Friday night commitment to Minnesota helped cap a fantastic first day on the job for PJ Fleck.

"I wanted to follow Coach Fleck," Otomewo said.

He wasn't the only one that bolted from Western Michigan's class to play for Fleck and company in the Big Ten.

Quarterback Tanner Morgan, linebacker Trenton Guthrie defensive end Noah Hickcox receiver Chris Bell offensive lineman John Schmitz also flipped from the Broncos to the Gophers.

During Fleck's introduction yesterday, he said recruiting would be his top priority and that he would focus on players within a 6-7 hr drive from UM.
Seems like I've heard this strategy before from Clawson. It makes sense for both schools.

Yeah Burley is looking like a flip to me. Too bad, he's a big hitter. Really hope he stays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

During Fleck's introduction yesterday, he said recruiting would be his top priority and that he would focus on players within a 6-7 hr drive from UM.
Seems like I've heard this strategy before from Clawson. It makes sense for both schools.

This is where losing Maryland from the ACC hurt some. Maryland was at the outer edge of the 6-7 hour drive from Wake. It was an additional selling point to kids from the DC-MD-NoVA area to be able to tell them that they would have at least two games close to where they went to HS. Thus, their HS friends and parents and siblings would have at least two easy opportunities to see the kids play during their career.

Someone should tweet him the photo of Tunsil taking bong hits with a gas mask on. That place is a fucking zoo.

That's part of their recruiting pitch.

Doubt he has a committable offer to Ole Miss. I think they are stringing him along while they wait on their other LB targets. If they strike out, his offer may be committable before or on NSD.

Back