• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Football Recruiting

Interesting stat from ESPN's football recruiting blog.

In the 2013 HS recruiting class, 72 QBs signed with Power V schools. 59, or all but 13, failed to finish their college playing career at the school they signed with. So, those bummed about losing Powell; there is an 82% chance that he will be back on the market in the next couple of years.

The attrition rate for college QBs is remarkable.

Interesting stat from ESPN's football recruiting blog.

In the 2013 HS recruiting class, 72 QBs signed with Power V schools. 59, or all but 13, failed to finish their college playing career at the school they signed with. So, those bummed about losing Powell; there is an 82% chance that he will be back on the market in the next couple of years.

The attrition rate for college QBs is remarkable.

There's only one starting QB and most schools take one per class.

Curious, if Sage had graduated early and enrolled at Wake in Jan., would he have been immediately eligible to play basketball for DM?

Here is when some of the remaining targets (and some former targets?) will announce:

DB Raheem Layne is expected to choose Indiana at 6:30 today, but there's enough uncertainty that I'll be keeping an eye on it.

DB Zyon Gilbert will announce on National Signing Day. From what I can tell he did not visit Wake Forest this weekend. He was set to choose between FAU and Troy before Wake offered. It would be hard to imagine that he would consider Wake without having visited but it's still possible, I guess. I really thought he would have visited last weekend.

OL Spencer Clapp will announce on National Signing Day. His only offers are App State (where he was previously committed) and Wake Forest. It's not clear why he is waiting until NSD. Maybe he wants to think about it further. Maybe he wants a hat flip ceremony. Maybe the staff is waiting until they find out whether another player will commit. Hard to tell.

OL Demetris Harris will announce on National Signing Day. Those of you that follow him on Twitter probably share my sentiment that it is unlikely that he ends up at Wake. He probably retweeted about 100 different Houston fans during his 2 day visit there. Who knew that Houston had such active fans on Twitter?

A very short dead period started today. So in-person contact is prohibited through NSD.

My unofficial scholarship count stands at 82. So there's a good likelihood that some scholarships will be carried over to 2018, which Clawson had previously stated was an objective.

A new 247 Crystal Ball this afternoon for Zyon Gilbert to FAU.

Kind of disappointing that we appear to be missing out on our final 2 DB options and Harris. I am happy, however that we may carry over those remains scholarships to next year. Better than using them on extreme backup options for this year. Overall solid group of commits if we hold onto them.

I guess its fair to say that we wont be receiving any grad transfers for the upcoming year....

Generally, grad transfers don't decide until after the Spring semester.

I'm sure DC would love to bring in one or two grad transfers over the Summer.

A reminder with National Signing Day coming up:

C3bzmT3XUAAirx3.jpg:large

Raheem Layne committed to Indiana.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Demetris Harris tweeted a poll question asking people which school they thought he would be committing to. The two choices? South Florida and Houston.

If you still had him on your list, go ahead and cross him off.

Disappointing that we couldn't beat out two AAC schools.

Potentially graduating students will be making their decisions to leave their current school after they look at their current school's signees and what they find out about their position on the depth chart as of spring practice. Then they will start looking to see if there are scholarships and (more) playing time available elsewhere.

Back