• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Masters Contest - Doofus WINS!

I'm not sure how to interpret all this chatter, but is anyone going to actually take the zip city trinity and fill out the 4oo with the last three?

There will be several entries like that....and looking at the 100-point list, I predict that there will be several entries with the exact same top four players.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

Let's say you bet $100 each on Speith, Matsuyama, Garcia, DJ and Rory at the odds you listed above:

If DJ won-you'd get $550 back or a profit of of $50 on the $500 you bet. This is effective odds of 1/10- you win $1 for every $10 you bet.

If Speith would win, you'd get back $650 for your $500 or a profit of $150 on $500 wagered.

If it would be parimutuel odds, your true odd would increase a bit. Parimutuel odds mean you'd get $11 of the house for each $2 you bet plus your $2 back. Thus at 11/2, you'd be paid $650 for that $500 bet on DJ. Your profit would be $150 on $500 or 3/10.

Similarly, if Speith won, you'd get back $750 for your $100 or a 1/2 true odds.

If the bets are equal you are lowering your net return on Sergio from 30-1 to either 5-1 or 6-1 (the difference being as described above)

Let's say you bet $100 each on Speith, Matsuyama, Garcia, DJ and Rory at the odds you listed above:

If DJ won-you'd get $550 back or a profit of of $50 on the $500 you bet. This is effective odds of 1/10- you win $1 for every $10 you bet.

If Speith would win, you'd get back $650 for your $500 or a profit of $150 on $500 wagered.

If it would be parimutuel odds, your true odd would increase a bit. Parimutuel odds mean you'd get $11 of the house for each $2 you bet plus your $2 back. Thus at 11/2, you'd be paid $650 for that $500 bet on DJ. Your profit would be $150 on $500 or 3/10.

Similarly, if Speith won, you'd get back $750 for your $100 or a 1/2 true odds.

If the bets are equal you are lowering your net return on Sergio from 30-1 to either 5-1 or 6-1 (the difference being as described above)
But you're not getting 1/10 odds on DJ or 3/10 on Spieth as you referenced. Rather, you should be combining.

You're betting that 1 of those 5 wins, and if that happens, you win worst case 1/10 and best case 6/1 (Sergio with 30/1 odds or betting $500 total and winning $3000). It's a safety net with the favorites to cover your couple risky bets.

All I posted what his results would be playing that many people and playing them for the same amount of bet.

But the numbers are what he'd get back.

In at 400, probably much like a lot of other folks.

The contest could come down to whose 100,125 or 150 does the best with so many taking all the top players.

In at 402......with a unique combination of players perfectly suited for the course, the weather and the pressure of the Masters.

Like no other

(It will be sad without Arnie at the honary tee off tomorrow morning. Got to see Arnie, Jack and Gary tee off together a few years ago. What an experience).

I always choose a combo of guys that I WANT to win along with a couple that I think are more likely to win. Makes my teams weaker but more fun.

In at 400

FYI. With 54 people entered so far, there are zero duplicated teams for all 6 players.

A significant majority of people are NOT going with the "zip city trinity" approach.

FYI. With 54 people entered so far, there are zero duplicated teams for all 6 players.

A significant majority of people are NOT going with the "zip city trinity" approach.

Are there a bunch with 4 or 5 identical players?

Hope you can cancel that DJ Bet

Are there a bunch with 4 or 5 identical players?

Not a bunch, out of 56 entries:
4 of same players: There are 15 teams that have the same 4 or more players as another team (in 5 different combinations of players; with the most being 5 teams sharing the same 4 players)
There are two of these teams have a shared 5th player.

Uh oh - too late to switch out DJ? Hmmmmm

Back