• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 National Signing Day - Early Period - All 21 Have Signed!

Not everybody wants to get up early just to put a piece of paper in a fax machine. Also fax machines are harder to find. As said above, he may have to do it after school or on his lunch time.

They need to change the method to allow scanning and emailing the document.

No surprise about Jacorey johns moving to DL. Duke Ejiofor came in with similar size as a LB and was moved to DL

For the record, in the Peyton Woulard video, they talk about him playing against "fellow signee Kenneth Dicks," so it seems like there was no concern there, but who knows.

Haven't gotten through all the videos yet, but they've said that Hartman, Greer, Jurgens, and Brown will all be coming in early. Also, they're apparently now looking at Johns as a DL. That leaves us with Smenda as the only linebacker in the class. Maybe shouldn't be too surprising given the number of LBs we brought in last year

Whiteheart is also coming in early per a tweet from Mount Tabor/his mother earlier today, so that makes 5.

Johns is a hybrid LB/DL imo. He's got the size to play both.

Whiteheart is also coming in early per a tweet from Mount Tabor/his mother earlier today, so that makes 5.

Which is also good news for Reynolds lacrosse!

I've been told to expect 6, to match 6 that we know are graduating/transferring.

Ha I can imagine.

I'm thoroughly interested at who the tight end will be for us next year.

I'm guessing it's Freudenthal, but forgot we had Thomas Cole, Laronde Liverpool, and Brandon Chapman on scholarship in addition to Whiteheart coming in early.

Clawson had high praise for Cole in the fall preseason last year to go along with high praise for Freudenthal.

We HAVE to find ways to get Dortch and Hines on the field at the same time to work the middle.

Eta: turrible spelling

I think we'll be using a lot more 0 TE sets to include Dortch and Hines and two RBs, possibly Carney at FB. Wouldn't rule out Carney moving to HB either.

I think we'll be using a lot more 0 TE sets to include Dortch and Hines and two RBs, possibly Carney at FB. Wouldn't rule out Carney moving to HB either.

Good point. We have an absurd amount of speed with Beal, Dortch, and Hines.

Ha I can imagine.

I'm thoroughly interested at who the tight end will be for us next year.

I'm guessing it's Freudenthal, but forgot we had Thomas Cole, Laronde Liverpool, and Brandon Chapman on scholarship in addition to Whiteheart coming in early.

I believe this will be the case, especially until the TE's prove they're as apt at catching the ball as Serigne.

Good point. We have an absurd amount of speed with Beal, Dortch, and Hines.

Yeah, we may have as much speed on the offensive side of the ball as we have ever had.

I can't freakin wait to watch Beal get out there. He's a really nice guy too.

Hell of a job by the staff to secure all 21 this quickly.

Now we can go for a home run signing or two in February and assess what else is needed. We can also get a jump on '19 and get ahead of some schools who are still working hard on their guys for this year.

Clawson and co. should drive out to West Forsyth and bring a free Wake laptop to see if they can steal 5 star KJ Henry before he signs with Clemson.

Hell of a job by the staff to secure all 21 this quickly.

Now we can go for a home run signing or two in February and assess what else is needed. We can also get a jump on '19 and get ahead of some schools who are still working hard on their guys for this year.

Are there any home run players who will be available?

Back