• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Wake Football Outlook

Your username combined with your dook fandom takes away your privilege of making fun of our quarterback. So piss off.

So my username including 2 current wake QBs has a part in taking away privilege? Your whole premise of me not having a right to ridicule a QB who I've watched play "quarterback" for 3 years makes 0 sense. I bet you voted for Hilary too.

So my username including 2 current wake QBs has a part in taking away privilege? Your whole premise of me not having a right to ridicule a QB who I've watched play "quarterback" for 3 years makes 0 sense. I bet you voted for Hilary too.

It makes no sense that I say fuck Duke fans who come to our board and make fun of our players?

I thought the same about Byrd.

The key to improving the running game will be to diversify it.

Isn't Byrd the fastest of our RBs? If so, having a big back with break-away speed will be exciting. He can go off tackle or take it to the edges. We haven't had that in a long while.

Good article. Agree that we should see continued improvement in our rushing game. All our RBs return and have decent size, we're adding some speed and our online, hopefully, will show some improvement.

more curious about who is gonna step up on the OL, esp replacing hayworth. none of the backups stood out i don't believe, any frosh expected to contribute?

http://www.bloggersodear.com/2017/1...nning-backs-wake-forest-demon-deacon-football

Read the bsd article on the RB sitch. I thought Byrd was a scat back type. Didn't realize he enrolled at 6'1 190. You'd expect him to be 200+ as a RS frosh. I'm excited to see him play. Anyone have insight on how he looked on scout team this year?

Clawson was asked about the kids who redshirted this year during the D.C. Show before the bowl game. He mentioned 3 names: Byrd, Masterson, and Manny Walker. Said Byrd made a run in practice that he has not seen a RB at wake make in his time there.

I really want to see a wildcat package utilizing Cade, maybe Byrd and Beal/Colburn. Cade played some QB in HS and I bet could be effective running the wildcat a few series a game to keep defenses on their heels.

Why run a wildcat when we have two maybe three running QBs?

Why run a wildcat when we have two maybe three running QBs?

Just saying we look like we will have the personnel to run the wildcat, in addition to our QB read options and designed QB runs. Wouldn't want it to be a regular thing but could be a solid look to mix things up.

Christian Beal lined up at WR several times in that highlight video. I wonder if they give him some looks in the slot early in his career to get more speed on the field. Similar to Ray Ray McCloud and Clemson. Did he do any kick returning in HS?

Christian Beal lined up at WR several times in that highlight video. I wonder if they give him some looks in the slot early in his career to get more speed on the field. Similar to Ray Ray McCloud and Clemson. Did he do any kick returning in HS?

Yep I'm pretty sure he returned kicks and punts and I expect him to have the chance to do the same for us. I thought Bates did a great job at PR this year so would expect him to keep that job next year.

Yep I'm pretty sure he returned kicks and punts and I expect him to have the chance to do the same for us. I thought Bates did a great job at PR this year so would expect him to keep that job next year.

True Bates did do a good job. Didn't he return punts? Kick returner Anderson graduating?

When Arkeem Byrd was recruited the scouting report was that he was a explosive perimeter runner that had an underdeveloped frame. Those that were most bullish on him thought that he could be developed into the type of all-purpose runner that could run with power inside without losing any of the current explosiveness. I saw him at the Military Bowl and he looks still looks reasonably thin and I would think he would be a change-of-pace type option next year. But think how valuable that change of pace role could be for the offense if Carney and Colburn continue to develop. To be able to hit a tired defense with someone like Byrd.

Clawson said that Byrd took a long one to the house in the first postseason scrimmage. He's said before that Byrd would have played this season if he had been healthy.

Yep prettt sure John Armstrong is graduating so Kick Return should be hotly contested. Greg Dortch could be in the drivers seat for that job.

Greg Dortch says hello.

Back