• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-19 College Basketball Season-Long Thread

So, it appears that we are banking on the fact that in this year's NCAA Tourney will look nothing like last year's when only 3 of the top 8 seeds made the Elite 8?

Does it feel like the top 8 this year (UVA, Duke, Gonzaga, UK, UNC, Michigan, Michigan State, TN) are much better than the rest of the field?

It's always fun to see the potential match-ups Lunardi has in his brackets this time of year. VT is paired against VCU (an in-state OOC game that rarely happens). If the Hokies win, they get the winner of Marquette (the "Buzz Bowl") and Old Dominion (time for a little payback for the football fiasco in Norfolk). Great story lines if VT can find a way to get out of the first round.

So, it appears that we are banking on the fact that in this year's NCAA Tourney will look nothing like last year's when only 3 of the top 8 seeds made the Elite 8?

Does it feel like the top 8 this year (UVA, Duke, Gonzaga, UK, UNC, Michigan, Michigan State, TN) are much better than the rest of the field?

UVA's regular season resume puts them in that group but until they actually beat someone in the NCAA's no way i'd put them in that tier.

Agreed - although I could see Tennessee or Michigan losing earlier than expected

Yes, it definitely feels like there is a big drop off after the top 8, and there is a drop off after #1 to the next 7 as long as Zion is playing. But I agree with Tim and would add UVA and MSU to Tenn and Mich as teams who all play great D but who are also prone to bad shooting days and could lose before the elite 8 because of that. That said, it'd make for great hoops viewing to see those 8 be the elite 8.

notre dame up on florida state

they ditched the mooney cam and now they are winning

Last edited:
Just read that the Durham Leader of Men burned a kid's red shirt last game after setting him the first 26 games this year. Played him 5 minutes, obviously needs him with Zion hurt.

Just read that the Durham Leader of Men burned a kid's red shirt last game after setting him the first 26 games this year. Played him 5 minutes, obviously needs him with Zion hurt.

I shook my head when I heard that during the game but no kid in that situation is going to tell K not to put him in the game. It would have been his last game in a Dook uniform. Classless of K.

I shook my head when I heard that during the game but no kid in that situation is going to tell K not to put him in the game. It would have been his last game in a Dook uniform. The norm from Ratface.

Uh oh -- is this gonna be like when you were randomly scared to death of Baylor because you randomly watched Baylor-Kansas a couple years back?

It blows my mind that people can remember posts from years back about super specific scenarios. Kudos, man!

yet he only played Bolden 10 mins. Should have given him that 5 mins.

It blows my mind that people can remember posts from years back about super specific scenarios. Kudos, man!

If it hadn't been 2017 I probably wouldn't remember -- I was hyper following then, since we didn't suck

Not just any kid. He was a kid that was supposed to be HS class of 2019; however, Duke convinced to skip his senior year of high school and enroll a year early. Then they decide he should just redshirt the year to get stronger and what not. And now they burn his eligibility to play a few minutes a game right at the end of the season? Of all the low, manipulative things Coach K has done, this has to be one of his lowest.

This Wisconsin/Indiana game is going to be the game that gets me to stop watching college BB. Bad play, terrible officiating, just awful. NBA is just such a better product.

Duke has now lost 2 of their last 3 games and will likely lose 2 more (UNC and in the ACC tourney). That would give them 6 losses, with 4 coming late season. Until recently they were a definite #1 seed. Now, unless Zion returns, will they be a 3 or a 4?

Not just any kid. He was a kid that was supposed to be HS class of 2019; however, Duke convinced to skip his senior year of high school and enroll a year early. Then they decide he should just redshirt the year to get stronger and what not. And now they burn his eligibility to play a few minutes a game right at the end of the season? Of all the low, manipulative things Coach K has done, this has to be one of his lowest.

The kid got 1 minute last night. That makes 26 DNP's and 6 minutes played for the season. Certainly worth skipping your senior year of high school, and burning 1 year of college eligibility for.

The kid got 1 minute last night. That makes 26 DNP's and 6 minutes played for the season. Certainly worth skipping your senior year of high school, and burning 1 year of college eligibility for.

He won't be the first guy to go to Duke and eventually figure out that it wasn't a good decision. However, if he is in the NBA in two years, he won't care.

Back