• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-19 College Basketball Season-Long Thread

UCF has 15 turnovers in the first half at Cincy. Cronin sure can coach defense and he has the athletes to effectuate it. Maybe we should send whoever is coaching our team to Cincy for defensive tutelage.

Cronin knows basketball. His interviews are pretty interesting the way he breaks stuff down. He's also a class act. He's also a midget leprechaun and looks kind of hilarious on the bench.

Cronin is a Cincy guy - grew up there. But he's made recent comments about there being a stigma of recruiting to UC that makes it harder, and negative comments about being in the American conference. I don't know his contract particulars but he's someone that's worth reaching out to.

Cronin knows basketball. His interviews are pretty interesting the way he breaks stuff down. He's also a class act. He's also a midget leprechaun and looks kind of hilarious on the bench.

Cronin is a Cincy guy - grew up there. But he's made recent comments about there being a stigma of recruiting to UC that makes it harder, and negative comments about being in the American conference. I don't know his contract particulars but he's someone that's worth reaching out to.

Cronin is $1.8 million guaranteed a year with incentives that can push it to $2.2 million.

Cronin is $1.8 million guaranteed a year with incentives that can push it to $2.2 million.

He used to be a little too fiery on the sideline before he had medical issues. He missed nearly an entire season due to a fragile blood vessel in the back of his head. That would be something to consider before making him a serious offer.

He used to be a little too fiery on the sideline before he had medical issues. He missed nearly an entire season due to a fragile blood vessel in the back of his head. That would be something to consider before making him a serious offer.

That's a good point. I forgot about that. He now has to control himself.

It's better than the current status, but we'd get sick of Mick Cronin finding every possible way to lose tournament games pretty fast.

I don't think he'd fare well in a competitive conference -- he certainly wasn't pulling up any trees in the old Big East. Results have significantly improved in the Am Athletic

Last edited:
Cronin would be a Buzz Williams type get that would shock the college hoops landscape.

Cronin would be a Buzz Williams type get that would shock the college hoops landscape.

I wouldn't go that far. Buzz accomplished more in six years at Marquette than Cronin has in now 13 years at Cincy -- three Sweet 16s, one Elite 8, twice won at least a share of a conference title in a tough conference. Cronin never finished better than tied for fourth in the old Big East, while Buzz finished 5th or better four out of his five years

Last edited:
How did UNC end up with such a junk ass ACC schedule? Drew Pitt, Ga tech , Wake , Clemson and BC as road only opponents. Drew Syracuse, Virginia , FSU, ND, and Va tech as home only and Duke, Nc St , Miami, and Louisville home and home. 4 of the leagues top 6 they got as home only games.

TBfgUrq.png

Watched some of the Mich/MSU game. I'm really hoping UVA doesn't end up with either as a 2 seed in their region.

Watched some of the Mich/MSU game. I'm really hoping UVA doesn't end up with either as a 2 seed in their region.

Uh oh -- is this gonna be like when you were randomly scared to death of Baylor because you randomly watched Baylor-Kansas a couple years back?

Izzo always scares me. And Michigan the last couple of years has been very tough. I'd rather face Gonzaga than Michigan, MSU or Kentucky if I were in the elite 8.

Back