• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-19 College Basketball Season-Long Thread

There was similar consternation when Kenyon Martin got injured way back in the day.

Well, Wake's odds at Cameron are climbing rapidly after that Zion injury. Went from 0.4% to 0.5%.

Didn't realize he slid out of the top 10. But I stand by what I said about Zion. He's still a top 2 pick if he tears an ACL or Achilles. Now if I'm K, I may hold him out of the rest of the regular season to ensure he's healthy for the 2 tourneys.

That's true. Personally, I don't think Zion will have a long NBA career unless he drops a significant amount of weight. His knees won't be able to withstand many 82 game seasons.

ESPN would be pissed. What would their college basketball content be without Zion?

The same as CBS's golf coverage without Tiger. The same can be said about ESPN.com's golf materials. Headline from last Friday or early Saturday "Tiger Likely to Make Cut." Apparently Tiger is still good clickbait even when not having his A Game.

That's true. Personally, I don't think Zion will have a long NBA career unless he drops a significant amount of weight. His knees won't be able to withstand many 82 game seasons.

Kind of agree, but Zion's body type is not that different than LeBron, and LeBron has been incredibly durable.

Zion weighs 35 lbs more than Lebron. We don’t really have a precedent for a guy that big jumping and landing repeatedly over a career. He’s similar in size to Julius Peppers.

Zion weighs 35 lbs more than Lebron. We don’t really have a precedent for a guy that big jumping and landing repeatedly over a career. He’s similar in size to Julius Peppers.

Peppers had an exceptionally long career for a DE and football careers are often a lot shorter than basketball careers.

Kind of agree, but Zion's body type is not that different than LeBron, and LeBron has been incredibly durable.

If I'm not mistaken, Lebron came out of HS at 6'8, 240. That's a lot different than 6'7 (6'6), 285.

Peppers had an exceptionally long career for a DE and football careers are often a lot shorter than basketball careers.

You missed the “jumping and landing” part of my post. Also Peppers wasn’t nearly as vertically gifted as Zion. Zion has Lebron’s athleticism plus 35 lbs. Zion would definitely benefit by losing weight.

Yeah, I'd be a little worried about Zion's knees and longevity if I were a GM with the #1 pick. Whoever has that pick could face a dilemma. Barrett is more pro ready and has a higher floor. Zion may have a higher long term ceiling and will put more fannies in seats in the short run, but may not end up as the better pro and has a higher likelihood of microfracture being in his future. I'd definitely try to get him more in the 260 range.

Well if you’re Knicks management, you know you’re going to trade him or won’t be able to resign him anyway.

Well if you’re Knicks management, you know you’re going to trade him or won’t be able to resign him anyway.

You wouldn't be able to re-sign Barrett either. So if you're the Knicks and you have the #1 pick, you draft Zion to get more fannies in seats before you have to trade him.

is Zion a Panthers fan? it'd be cool to have two of the biggest stars in the NBA be Panthers fans

LeBron was hardly the size of Zion coming out of high school. He bulked up later but then dropped weight to increase the lifetime of his career.

You missed the “jumping and landing” part of my post. Also Peppers wasn’t nearly as vertically gifted as Zion. Zion has Lebron’s athleticism plus 35 lbs. Zion would definitely benefit by losing weight.

I enjoyed the phrase "vertically gifted"... That's all. Just wanted to point that out.

Feels like it should just mean "tall", but it works in this context.

I enjoyed the phrase "vertically gifted"... That's all. Just wanted to point that out.

Feels like it should just mean "tall", but it works in this context.

You missed the "jumping and landing" part of that post. Peppers and Zion are about the same height and size, but Zion jumps higher.

Back