• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-2019 MLB Hot Stove Thread

He's better than Bryce and plays a more premium position. He's better offensively and massively better defensively.

Arenado needed to stay in CO based on his splits alone.

Feels like this is lose-lose for both Harper and the Phillies. The only way Harper can beat Arenado's AAV is a short deal with LA/SF. The only way he gets his years is for non-record setting $$. Meanwhile, it feels like the Phillies played their hand too long and the market moved against them at the last minute.

Park neutral/adjusting stats still have him as an excellent hitter. Since 2015, his wRC+ of 127 puts him 33rd in the league.

Park neutral/adjusting stats still have him as an excellent hitter. Since 2015, his wRC+ of 127 puts him 33rd in the league.

This is a fact free thread - here we use eyeball tests, personality patterns, and internal biases to determine value of a player.

Some of you guys are pretty uppity for a thread about the baseball offseason. Eesh.

I wish the Cubs Would come in with some stupid short term high AAV offer for Harper for 3/105 or something- just say F it we're going for it the next 3 years. Take the pain this year on the luxury tax, a lot of money rolls off the books next year.

One more target for Boras now is the AAV in the contract. So biggest total $, highest AAV, and where Bryce wants to be all playing in the equation.

One more target for Boras now is the AAV in the contract. So biggest total $, highest AAV, and where Bryce wants to be all playing in the equation.

The very epitome of high maintenance?

I wish the Cubs Would come in with some stupid short term high AAV offer for Harper for 3/105 or something- just say F it we're going for it the next 3 years. Take the pain this year on the luxury tax, a lot of money rolls off the books next year.

I've been holding out hope that there was a possibility, but I gave that up when KB said he isn't coming to the Cubs. Rumors say the Cubs have kept in touch, but with how they've spent this winter, I dont even see why.

Kevin Kennedy said that Bryce doesn't like Gabe Kapler. Not enough room for two massive posers in the same clubhouse.

Back