• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-2019 NHL Thread – Thunderstorm Warning

Well, Carolina is becoming like a halfway house for former Leafs players. They have with Tlusty, Harrison, and Komisarik....might as well add Grabo, too.

Last edited:
I'm watching a special on NHL Network where they followed various Kings around as they had their day with the Cup last summer. Every sport should give the players who win the championship a day with the trophy. It's fantastic.

Sather skipped over the bridge contract? Is Del Zotto going to be angry?

The Blues have just under $8MM in cap space and they still need to sign Pietrangelo and Stewart. Are the Blues going to be a cap ceiling team this year?

And Fred Shero!!!

And Geraldine Heaney, though I didn’t know who she was before today.

And Fred Shero!!!

Oh hey, Chris Chelios:

Rutherford said today that there is still a big UFA that wants to come to Carolina, but that they have to dump some salary to sign this player to a one year deal....some local guys are saying on Twitter it isn't Jagr, so that leaves...?

Rutherford said today that there is still a big UFA that wants to come to Carolina, but that they have to dump some salary to sign this player to a one year deal....some local guys are saying on Twitter it isn't Jagr, so that leaves...?

Top remaining free agents

Hm, Jagr is the big name (other than Selanne, who will return to Anaheim if he plays, and goalies, which you obviously don't need). Maybe Dustin Penner wants to come play with Westgarth? I don't think he would be expensive, though.

Jagr would be pretty awesome.

Caps resign Alzner for 4/11.2 (2.8M per). Good deal. Should leave room for grabovski if they want to go in that direction.

speculation is that the blues are starting to shuffle some cap room for ryan miller, but i dont buy it. this just means petro and stewart are getting ready to sign in my opinion

as for the jagr in carolina rumor, are there any of his former teammate that have had good experiences here?

So, Kovalchuk just retired.

Hot damn. Guess he doesn't need the money

So, Kovalchuk just retired.

Hot damn. Guess he doesn't need the money
Wow. You always here about $10MM/yr KHL contracts. That's about what Kovalchuk is leaving in NJ over the next five or so seasons. He must already have something in the works. I wonder if this has anything to do with NJ's liquidity issues.

And that 2014 1st round pick NJ lost creating the deal looks so much worse.

Wowzers, the KHL finally got a star player to leave the NHL. Kovy is going to make so much money.

At least he let the Devils out of that contract before the whole recapture nonsense would hurt them much.

way more important than the kovy news, NHL 14 this year has a modernized version of NHL '94 built in!!! im buying a new game system just for this:

Back