• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-2019 NHL Thread – Thunderstorm Warning

Big game between the Flyers and Caps tomorrow with the Flyers, Caps, and Rangers all within two points of one another in the standings. Unfortunately Ray Emery is hurt, not so much for the potential drama, but because the Flyers now have to choose between starting Steve Mason in back to back games or giving Cal Heeter his first ever NHL start. Yuck.

Dmitri Orlov scores two goals (first time in career) but then gets a 5 minute major for charging.

Now we go to OT.

Seems like that could've been a pivotal loss for the Caps.

Meanwhile, the 'Canes are toast. At least it's happening before the deadline

When did the Caps / Flyers games get so feisty? In almost every game this year a player from one of the teams has done something scummy. The games are fun, but.... settle down guys.

The Canucks move of once again benching their star goalie and causing unnecessary drama didn't work. The team not only lost the Heritage Classic, but the crowd started "we want Lu" chants after Ottawa scored their third goal. Yikes.

I'd be shocked of half of the Canes on the team are around Thursday. Blow it up.

Not sure one of those guys will be Wardo -- the more he plays the more damage is done to his trade stock.

Smelling like a compliance buyout

At least we didn't give up last night -- 26 shots in the 3rd.

But we probably should. Too little, too late

Yeah, this season is pretty toast. But, honestly, I don't know that there's much that can be done at the deadline. Carolina has practically nothing outside their core group that's worth anything...and if you trade the core, then you might as well go full rebuild.

Dmitri Orlov suspended for two games for his shenanigans yesterday.

Seems to be the norm for a first time offender when there's no injury. Brutal hit, though. I totally forgot that Orlov is the guy who asked to be traded after the Caps jerked him around a bit at the start of the season. So who from the Caps tries to crunch Brayden Schenn on Wednesday??

The Capitals really seem to hate Brayden Schenn

Really dumb hit by Orlov, but Schenn almost seemed to be inviting it which was nearly as dumb.

Well, Shenn also knocked the shit out of orlov just prior to that so I'm sure he was welcoming it. Worked out well for his team.

We went in to that game knowing full well that the Flyers were going to play that way and we still feel for it. Awful. That being said I really hate the Flyers.

We went in to that game knowing full well that the Flyers were going to play that way and we still feel for it. Awful. That being said I really hate the Flyers.

lol.

Did anyone catch the drama in Buffalo over the weekend? Pat LaFontaine, who has been President less than four months, resigned, and apparently the last straw was a disagreement about what to do with Ryan Miller. So the GM that he just hired won out and traded Miller, while LaFontaine left the team. Crazy.

The Weekend in Hockey: It’s Miller Time in St. Louis

Back